7 replies to this topic

#1 jingram

jingram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:57 PM

After my upgrade to wordpress 3.3, it appears that the blue menu theme no longer displays correctly. The colors are inverted in some menu items and not others, etc. Incompatability in the theme? www.adventurekayaking.org is the site. Any help you guys can provide would be much appreciated.

#2 jingram

jingram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

Well I just checked out the other colors like black and they do the same thing as well. I know your new focus is iBlogPro 5 with the child theme, etc. within your framework, but for a lot of us small guys it is a bit of overkill. In addition, taking base things out like easily changing menu colors, makes it a real challenge. From a developers perspective the flexibility is amazing I'm sure, but from the little guy who doesn't want to get his hands too dirty, it can be a challenge. Because of that I will be sticking with iBlogPro 4 for the time being and hope you continue to support that product.

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:12 AM

My apologies for the delay in responding to you. I've been looking into this and candidly, trying very hard to replicate it on one of my own sites. I cannot, for the life of me figure out why this happened. From every possible technical angle, an installation of iBlogPro4 should not experience any change in the color scheme as a result of upgrading WordPress to version 3.3, yet in your site, clearly the colors are inverted. We have thousands of clients still using iBlogPro 4 and of course we'll continue supporting it fully. PageLines Framework, with the iBlogPro5 child theme doesn't alter our dedicated support for existing products. The only things I can conceive of are that either there is some custom code added by you or a plugin is creating some conflict. I'd suggest doing several things. First, deactivate your plugins. You can do this one at a time and do a hard refresh on your site to view how the deactivation affected the colors or all at once and one-by-one re-activate, again checking in the same manner to identify which plugin may be causing it. The other thing to do would be to go to http://www.wordpress.../extend/plugins and look up each plugin you have installed, whether active or not. Check for compatibility, complaints by others, whether others say it's working and the age of the plugin. A telling tale of your problem and why I believe it could be a plugin is that the problem happened with an upgrade of WordPress. That indicates that something, as yet still unidentified, does not work with the new structure of WP 3.3. Once identified, if there is an outdated plugin you should leave it deactivated, find a replacement and then totally remove the deactivated, outdated plugins.

#4 jingram

jingram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:12 AM

I'll go through my plugins and let you know. Very little custom code on the site and that all came from you guys to help with certain things I wanted to do. So I doubt it would be that.

#5 jingram

jingram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:16 AM

Well I did a blacket deactivate on ALL plug-ins on the site and there was no change. That should take effect immediately right or do I need to bounce the webstack?

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16392 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

I'm almost certain that in your Wordpress Menu, all the drop down menus have some kind of link in them, you have done this so that the menus with the drop downs is not click-able. If you remove the link whatever it may be and replace it with '#' without quotes, the drop down menu colours should revert back to normal. The reason this is happening is that the menu items which have the incorrect link in them think they're the current page and therefore have the menu colour state of a current menu item. **In-fact before you do that, can you reply with a screenshot of your Wordpress Menu with all the menus expanded please, so we can see the links in the URL field.

#7 jingram

jingram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:55 PM

Danny, you were spot on the money... basically when I set those up originally, I had chosen custom as headers as I didn't want the root menu linked to anything. Does that make sense? So what I found online everything pointed to creating a custom menu item, then blanking out the url. Switching it to # instantly took care of the issue. I'm running a bit late at the moment, but happy to post screenshots if you like. Hopefully my explanation was clear and this helps any other folks encountering this.

#8 jingram

jingram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

When you put the # in the custom menu it looks like it creates a link back to this:
 http://www.adventurekayaking.org/%3C?php%20echo%20get_settings%28%27home%27%29;%20?%3E#