Membership and Affiliate

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 barbosa

barbosa

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:26 PM

Hello, What membership and affiliate system you recommend to use with PageLines? My idea is to use the signature members plugin to sell content and courses. The affiliate program would be for others to sell the content and earn a commission. I got interested in the following plugins: - Magic Affiliate ($ 239 - 20%) + Magic Member ($ 297) [very expensive both services] - WishList Member ($ 297) - Includes free Idev Affiliate Software - WPMU dev + Affiliate Membership ($ 53/month for 3 months or $ 35/month for 12 months) Which service do you recommend that is compatible with PageLines? Any other suggestions? I Need the installation option for multiple domains and, if possible, integration with BuddyPress and inclusion of other means of payment (other than PayPal). Sorry for my bad English =/ cya

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15047 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:45 PM

I haven't used it personally, but aMember is used on PageLines.com and the new version looks impressive. http://www.amember.c.../main/features/

#3 barbosa

barbosa

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

Hello Danny, The plugin is amazing! The only downside is the option for multiple domains. I'd like to make several portals, for example, portuguese, mathematics, physics and others. In each of some materials would be available exclusively for subscribers. Do you find interesting to do this in several fields (all fields contain the keywords of course) or subdomains? What is best for SEO? www.exampleportuguese.com www.examplephysics.com [...] or portuguese.mydomain.com physics.mydomain.com [...] Altogether there are about 10 domains. Each site has a different color, but with the same layout. Thank you!

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15047 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

I'm by no means a SEO l33t master! However, I always prefer subdomains, the plus side to that is in my opinion anyway, most of your visitors will browse your main site too! This is just my opinion of course and yes the new aMember looks awesome, Im thinking of getting it myself.

#5 barbosa

barbosa

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:49 PM

Thanks Danny! I think I will choose to use subdomain. I will have a network from 10 to 15 websites. Do you think the best option to use wordpress MU (multisite) or separate instalations? I ask this in relation to compatibility of PageLines, BuddyPress (when it is available in PageLines), Vanilla forum and other plugins. Each site will have some css style changes.