How to create my own menu and set it as main navigation of the page

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 noxel

noxel

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:17 AM

Hi, How to create my own menu under menu > create a new menu, and set it as main navigation of the page, instead of the existing one which automatically takes from all pages Thank you

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17666 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:11 AM

Hi Noxel, I have provided you with a link to the Wordpress doc for this issue. Once you have read through the article and understand how to create a menu, follow the instructions below.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Once you have created your menu, on the left hand side of the Menus page (Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Appearance > Menus) you should see a section called 'Theme Locations' and inside 4 drop down menus, each one has a specific location on your site. Use the 'Primary Website Navigation' drop down and select your newly created menu and then click the save button. Refresh your website and your created menu should replace the one that is created automatically by Wordpress.

#3 Martin Bay

Martin Bay

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationDenmark
  • Framework Version:Latest :)

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:51 PM

Basically you type in a name you want to call your menu under "Menu Name" to the left a bit down you can click off what item you want in the menu and click "add to Menu" then you select it as "Primary Website Navigation" in top left area.