Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Feedback - curious time stamp behavior

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This isn't a big deal, but ... on two different computers (one a PC, one a Mac) and using different browsers I've noticed there's a 7-hr difference in the time stamped on Forum posts, depending on whether or not I've logged in. For example, I just posted a response to Simon's update that purchased products should now appear in our Launchpad/Store. I was using my PC, and the time shows as 6:10a. But then if I look at the post on my Mac without first signing in to the forum, or if use a different browser on the PC to access the Forum without signing in, the time stamp is 1:10p, 7 hours ahead (which I believe is UTC?). Maybe something for Vanilla to look into? Or is there some user preference setting I'm not aware of?

Posted · Report post

[quote]Thu Dec 15 08:44:54 EST 2011[/quote] Thats the date on the server and its 13:44 here in ireland. If your not logged in, the forum cannot localize the time for you.

Posted · Report post

Thanks. I haven't noticed that with any other application or sites. I guess I was thinking the server would report either its own local time or UTC (or GMT for us old-schoolers), which the user's OS would then adjust based on local time zone settings. But, no biggie.