Photo
- - - - -

IBLOGPRO4 - how to change one menu tab color? - css class?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 keith.foust@gmail.com

keith.foust@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

Hey Pagelines! Thanks for all you do!

our site at joychurchinternational.org is using iblogpro4. (our teams are playing with the new drag and drop framework demo - looks like fun stuff!)

we are simply trying to change the color on the first menu tab to a red color (for christmas) with white text.

I have read through the forums, and i see that there is custom css code to be insterted. But...i haven't exactly found where that goes....i think it goes in THEME OPTIONS > CUSTOM CODE > CUSTOM CSS but...i actually don't see that. yikes.

i already updated to wordpress 3.3 - is that why i cannot locate this path? (or maybe i am just not thinking today).

can you help us with the css code and the place to put this code?

thanks!

#2 keith.foust@gmail.com

keith.foust@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:23 PM

DUH!!! already found it. Will answer this one myself. I was on the left panel going to APPEARANCE > THEMES and sometimes going to APPEARANCE > EDITOR. Neither of these were right. On the left panel i should have been going to iBLOGPRO > THEME OPTIONS ...then i would have found the CUSTOM CODE options. DUH. thanks pagelines.

#3 keith.foust@gmail.com

keith.foust@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:40 PM

and...here is the code i entered in CUSTOM CSS to get it to work. (based on the other forum posts i read) #menu-item-2762 a, #menu-item-2762 sub-menu li a{ color:#fff !important; background:#B40341; text-shadow:none;} now...coudl i have done this in the APPEARANCE > MENUS - then moified the CSS classes field for that menu? is that posible? thanks pagelines!

#4 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:37 AM

Yes, I sometimes forget that you can add custom CSS classes to menu items, that is absolutely the best way to do it.

#5 keith.foust@gmail.com

keith.foust@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:04 AM

so how would i have done it in the custom classes field? Would i have put the same exact CSS code in the CSS Classes Menu field that i used on the custom CSS field? thanks!

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:25 AM

Yes, you would have to do that.