Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

IBLOGPRO4 - how to change one menu tab color? - css class?

Question

Posted · Report post

Hey Pagelines! Thanks for all you do! our site at joychurchinternational.org is using iblogpro4. (our teams are playing with the new drag and drop framework demo - looks like fun stuff!) we are simply trying to change the color on the first menu tab to a red color (for christmas) with white text. I have read through the forums, and i see that there is custom css code to be insterted. But...i haven't exactly found where that goes....i think it goes in THEME OPTIONS > CUSTOM CODE > CUSTOM CSS but...i actually don't see that. yikes. i already updated to wordpress 3.3 - is that why i cannot locate this path? (or maybe i am just not thinking today). can you help us with the css code and the place to put this code? thanks!

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

DUH!!! already found it. Will answer this one myself. I was on the left panel going to APPEARANCE > THEMES and sometimes going to APPEARANCE > EDITOR. Neither of these were right. On the left panel i should have been going to iBLOGPRO > THEME OPTIONS ...then i would have found the CUSTOM CODE options. DUH. thanks pagelines.

Posted · Report post

and...here is the code i entered in CUSTOM CSS to get it to work. (based on the other forum posts i read) #menu-item-2762 a, #menu-item-2762 sub-menu li a{ color:#fff !important; background:#B40341; text-shadow:none;} now...coudl i have done this in the APPEARANCE > MENUS - then moified the CSS classes field for that menu? is that posible? thanks pagelines!

Posted · Report post

Yes, I sometimes forget that you can add custom CSS classes to menu items, that is absolutely the best way to do it.

Posted · Report post

so how would i have done it in the custom classes field? Would i have put the same exact CSS code in the CSS Classes Menu field that i used on the custom CSS field? thanks!

Posted · Report post

Yes, you would have to do that.