#1 tsilloh

tsilloh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:25 PM

My webpage uses a Carousel Page - Standard Template and Max Carousel Items is set at 51. There are 51 posts but only 30 of them appear in the carousel. Even setting Max Carousel Items at 100 does not get me beyond 30 posts on the carousel. Is there a 30 item limit? The pointers immediately beneath the carousel bar will take me serially to all 51 posts so I know that they are accessible from the carousel webpage, but the carousel itself only has thumbnailf for the last 30 posts. Interestingly, the left arrow below the carousel bar moves toward older posts and the right arrow moves toward newer posts. I would thing that it should be just the opposite. Thanks for the benefit of your expertise.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:02 AM

There shouldn't a limit to the number of items. Did you upgrade PageLines to 2.0? Did you upgrade WordPress to 3.3?

#3 tsilloh

tsilloh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

I am running WordPress 3.3 and WhiteHousePro 3.1.5. Do I also need to ensure that I am running PageLines 2.0? I don't know how to do that. I found PageLines documentation that says the default for the number of items in the carousel is 30. However, no number I have entered in Max Carousel Items seems to have any effect. Max Carousel Items less than 30 and more than 30 produce the same result. I have not been able to display either less or more than 30 of the 51 carousel items.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

WhiteHousePro is a standalone theme and you do not need PageLines Framework 2.0. May we have a link to your site and could you point to your carousel? Thanks.

#5 tsilloh

tsilloh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

The link to the site and to the carousel is: http://robbiedrewesa...ss1/?page_id=22 Thanks for the help.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:58 PM

By any chance are you using the NextGen option or, are you using posts as your source?

#7 tsilloh

tsilloh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

I am not using NextGen. I believe that the posts are the "source". I use 150 X 150 thumbnails that I brought into WhiteHousePro3 from my computer files.

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:10 AM

Are you running the latest version of WordPress?

#9 tsilloh

tsilloh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 15 December 2011 - 03:21 AM

I am running WordPress 3.3 and WhiteHousePro 3.1.5. I found PageLines documentation that says the default for the number of items in the carousel is 30. However, no number I have entered in Max Carousel Items seems to have any effect. Max Carousel Items less than 30 and more than 30 produce the same result. I have not been able to display either less or more than 30 of the 51 carousel items.

#10 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:05 PM

Have you checked the actual page that the carousel is displaying on to make sure you don't have a number set in the carousel settings which may be overwriting the default settings?

#11 tsilloh

tsilloh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:01 PM

I don't know exactly how to make the check that you specify. It appears to me that the defalt setting of 30 is overwriting the number in the carousel setting. I have edited the webpage that uses the carousel template and checked all the settings. Max pages is set at 51 and the link image is set at Post Thumbnails. I have not found where to change the number of thumbnails that display at any one time on the webpage carousel. I have deleted the carousel webpage and built another one with the same name, the carousel-standard template, max pages set at 51, and link image set at Post Thumbnails. I have deleted the new carousel webpage and built a second one with the a different name, the carousel-standard template, max pages set at 51, and link image set at Post Thumbnails. I have deleted the second new carousel webpage and built a third one with a different name, the carousel-full width template, max pages set at 51, and link image set at Post Thumbnails. Nothing I do changes the total number of carousel items displayed to something more than 30.

#12 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:53 PM

simple_mama is referring to the Carousel setting in the WhiteHousePro Page Options section located in the page editor for a regular page. If you open a page to edit it and scroll down a bit, you'll see a "Max Carousel Items (Carousel Page Template)" setting that allows you to enter a number of items.

#13 tsilloh

tsilloh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:55 AM

I have 51 posts to display on the carousel. I have set and reset "Max Carousel Items (Carousel Page Template)" numerous times - 51, 45, 100, and 65. Two minutes ago I reset it again to 56. What ever the number I use in "Max Carousel Items (Carousel Page Template)", only 30 carousel items are displayed when I update the page. When I select one of the 30 displayed carousel items, the associated post is displayed. Above the post there is displayed a left arrow and a right arrow to take me serially to the adjacent pages. Using these arrows I am able to get to and display all 51 of the posts, I just cannot get to more than the 30 (default) most recent posts using the carousel itself. I am using WordPress Post Thumbnails. Should I switch and use Flickr or NextGen Gallery? Thank you for your interest, expertise, and help.

#14 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:14 PM

Hi, I'm sorry this has been going on for a while. Before I escalate this to a developer, could you deactivate your plugins, all of them, and see if the problem still exists? It's probably best if you clear the browser cache before trying to view the site or admin dashboard after deactivating. I'd like you to also go to http://www.wordpress.../extend/plugins and look at each of your plugins to see, in the right hand column, if the plugin is compatible to at least 3.2.1; has no complaints/tickets open; and is not reported as broken. As you check each one and it clears those three benchmarks, reactivate each one, again clearing the browser cache to ensure that you view it fresh. I'm confident you're going to find an outdated or broken plugin. When you do, look in that same link above for a replacement. Then, delete the outdated plugin and replace it with the new one. It's clear from what you have said in previous posts here that no matter the number, you're seeing the same number of carousel items. A cache plugin can make that happen, a thumbnail plugin or even a simple conflict between up-to-date plugins that may seem totally unrelated. Just yesterday I helped someone identify a security risk to her database caused by a plugin intended to create scheduling of meetings which had nothing to do with database management.

#15 tsilloh

tsilloh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:21 AM

Thank you for your welcome response. Since the website is in early development stages, there was only one active plugin, Jetpack. I deactivated it as requested. Before viewing the site or doing anything else, I cleared the browser cache by following instructions I found on the internet and printed. When I viewed the carousel webpage it still only displayed 30 of the 51 thumbnails that are associated with my 51 posts. I performed this operation twice even though all plugins were deactivated. The carousel webpage still only displayed 30 thumbnails. I even went so far at to delete the 7 inactive plugins and then clear the browser cache. Only 30 thumbnails displayed. I visited http://www.wordpress.../extend/plugins and found that Jetpack is compatible to WordPress 3.3. I could not find complaints or open tickets, but 8 of 15 comments said that Jetpack is broken. I am running Internet Explorer 9, WordPress 3.3, and Dashboard -> Updates says my Theme (WhiteHousePro3) is up to date. My website is at http://robbiedrewesa...1/?page_id=671. If you need to get to the Dashboard, email me at Pen_Hollist@hotmail.com and I will provide you with the Username and Password. I need to get this problem resolved. All 51 of the posts must display on the webpage or I have to completely redesign the website.

#16 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:08 AM

Hm, I will escalate this to developer attention since I'm not certain what else could be causing the carousel to malfunction.

#17 tsilloh

tsilloh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:14 AM

Thank you. I anxiously await their attention.

#18 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:57 AM

We all do!

#19 tsilloh

tsilloh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

Catrina escalated this issue to the developers in December 2011. When and how will I be notified of their action? How long does it take for a fix? Will the fix come in the form of an update? I am still able to display only 30 of my 51 posts on the WhiteHousePro3 carousel.

#20 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

You can override the value by opening 'whitehousepro/pro/template_carousel.php' look for:
 if(m_pagelines('carouselitems', $post->ID)) $carouselitems = m_pagelines('carouselitems', $post->ID);
	      else $carouselitems = 30;

change to:

if(m_pagelines('carouselitems', $post->ID)) $carouselitems = m_pagelines('carouselitems', $post->ID);
	      else $carouselitems = 30;
	$carouselitems = 51;