In December I created a multisite network and installed Pagelines Framework as the initial site without any problems. I didn't use a replicator plugin, I just exported/imported all my content from my previously existing site. I may have used a Search and Replace plugin at some point to correct some absolute path references. The documentation in the WordPress Codex was pretty good.
I ended up not needing the multisite installation, so reversed the process by removing the code that was added to the wp
-config and .htaccess files. I was pleasantly surprised that it all worked in reverting from multi- to single site. I had to activate and set up some plugins, but that was about it.