• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 starlit

starlit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:56 PM

The Pagelines Framework Developer Edition provides "Multisite support". What exactly is this? I'm currently using PlatformPro on my multisite. Would I need to upgrade to the Developer Edition or will I be able to upgrade to the Professional Edition on my multisite? The demo only provides me with a site and does not sure any of the multisite features. One thing I'm specifically looking for is the ability to "clone" a site. That is, create a new site in my multisite that is configured identically to an existing site (in my multisite). The only difference being the site name (all else being equal, including all of the theme/framework settings). Thanks in advance!

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:53 PM

There is already a plugin to do this, it is called wp-replicator we use it on the demo site.

#3 starlit

starlit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:15 AM

Looks like exactly what I need. Thanks!

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

We're glad that worked!

#5 starlit

starlit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

Still awa an answer to the following: The Pagelines Framework Developer Edition apparently provides some "Multisite support" that the Professional Edition does not. What exactly is this? I'm currently using PlatformPro on my multisite. Would I need to upgrade to the Developer Edition or will I be able to upgrade to the Professional Edition on my multisite?

#6 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:19 PM

Will mark for Pross to check back...

#7 sidianmsjones

sidianmsjones

• Members

• 185 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

I'm also looking for documentation on what multisite integration means with PPro.

#8 greggsky

greggsky

Advanced Member

• Members

• 77 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:44 AM

Any word on this? I'm looking to use wordpress on a multisite network and would appreciate some guidance. Also, just looked for wp-replicator and it seems to have been redubbed blog copier? Curious if that's what you all are using? Can't find an active version of replicator otherwise.

#9 starlit

starlit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

I'm using Pagelines 2.1.6 on a multisite network and it seems to be working fine. The wp-replicator code was handed over to blog-copier. The newer (and free) Blog Copier plugin seems better and more stable. I would highly recommend it.

#10 slingr

slingr

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

In December I created a multisite network and installed Pagelines Framework as the initial site without any problems. I didn't use a replicator plugin, I just exported/imported all my content from my previously existing site. I may have used a Search and Replace plugin at some point to correct some absolute path references. The documentation in the WordPress Codex was pretty good. I ended up not needing the multisite installation, so reversed the process by removing the code that was added to the wp-config and .htaccess files. I was pleasantly surprised that it all worked in reverting from multi- to single site. I had to activate and set up some plugins, but that was about it.