→ Read .
→ Now read .
Those two topics tell you everything you need to know ahead of time. Use these two topics to decide if installing PageLines Framework is the right platform for you.
If yes, then proceed.
- Back up your database.
- Copy any custom CSS, functions, sections, etc into a text document.
- Move all of your widgets to the "inactive" area (Appearance -> Widgets).
to install PageLines Framework. You will activate PageLines Framework in this step.
- Reestablish your Wordpress menus (Appearance -> Menus) and save.
- Move all of your widgets back to the desired locations (Appearance -> Widgets).
- Visit each tab of the PageLines menu and adjust the settings to your liking (don't forget to enter your account info too!).
- If you plan on using a child theme, you can learn about that
- If your custom CSS, functions, sections, etc (from topic 2 above) are not listed, add them back in to the previous location (i.e. Custom Code -> Custom CSS --OR-- into your child theme).