Photo

Carousel Posts - I still don't get it...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tsilloh

tsilloh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:58 AM

Your help got me this far, but I still do not have a post appearing on the carousel page when I select a thumbnail image on the carousel. I get "Error 404 - Page Not Found. Sorry, what you are looking for isn't there". I have set-up a Carousel Page - Standard with a default sidebar. Max carousel items is set at 51. Carousel image/linki mode is set at Post Thumbnails. I created the 51 posts that I need and then for each post scrolled down to Set Feature Page. When the image was selected I went to Link URL and selected Post URL and the Use As Featured Image. I found two problems. First, there were only 30 items on the carousel - nowhere near the 51 max items I defined or the 51 posts I created. Second, when I hover the cursor over each of the items on the carousel, I could see the name of the appropriate post. I conclude that there is some connection made to the appropriate post. However when I clicked on the carousel item, I got Error 404 - Page Not Found. Obviously, I have done something wrong or faild to do something. I will appreciate any and all insight you can give me.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16897 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:29 AM

Hi tsilloh, Would it be possible for you to post a link to your site please, so I can take a closer look.

#3 tsilloh

tsilloh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

Thank you for responding. The site is robbiedrewesart.com. If you need a username and password to get to the dashboard, email me at pen_hollist@hotmail.com. I will send them to you by return email message. I am very grateful for your interest and expertise.

#4 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:58 PM

I am getting a 404 for all your posts, which is why the carousel can't link to them. What do you have set for Wordpress address and Site address in Settings -> General? Also, could you try going to Settings -> Permalinks and setting to the default?

#5 tsilloh

tsilloh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:01 AM

Okay, I'll let you know what happens.

#6 tsilloh

tsilloh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:44 AM

Settings -> General Wordpress Address: http://robbiedrewesart.com/wordpress1 Site Address: http://robbiedrewesart.com/wordpress1 (exactly the same) Settings -> Permalinks Changed Common Settings from Custom Structure to Default After Saving Changes and Viewing the website, all of the posts displayed in the carousel appeared on the page instead of the Error 404. Thank you for your understanding and expertise. Now for the other half of my question. The webpage uses a Carousel Page - Standard Template and Max Carousel Items is set at 51. There are 51 posts but only 30 of them appear in the carousel. The pointers immediately beneath the carousel bar will take me serially to all 51 posts, but the carousel itself only displays the last 30 posts. I will greatly appreciate your solving this problem as well.