Photo
- - - - -

about the new Profiles Section from the section store

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 chameleontubes

chameleontubes

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:23 AM

Please make it able to drop a profiles section in the content area and not just the page templates. I just bought it and can't use it in my site..i'm not gonna buy anymore of your section until u fix this or share a note that u can only use it on parts of the templates. So it won't be a disappointment for other users. would like to hear if there's gonna be a patch for this or a refund possible Thanks

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:32 AM

Why do you need to put the profile section INSIDE the content area? Why can't you just put it above or below the content area? It displays as a section anyway so it's not like you would be able to call it from within your content. The Profiles section is available for pretty much every page type so you should have no issues putting it exactly where you want it. You may be confusing the Profile section with the PostAuthor section. Profiles looks like this: http://www.pagelines.com/about/

#3 chameleontubes

chameleontubes

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

Hi Simple mama the reason is because i use multiple columns. And when i place any of the section above or below. They automatically overrule the sizes i put in the Layout Dimension Editor and take the full width of the site. And yes this is what i purchased http://www.pagelines.com/about/

so if u take a look at www.chameleontubes.com u will see a features section (in my content area) and to the right of it a sidebar.

I hope u see what i'm trying to do.

thanks

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

You can try using custom CSS to change the sizes that aren't sticking.

#5 tdarcy

tdarcy

• Members

• 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

I am also trying to insert the profile section into the content area, I want an About Me page but I don't want my profile to take up the entire page. I want the sidebars there to not only take up the side of the page but also to have a uniform looking website.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

One workaround I think of would be to create an About Me page, but use the various meta settings in that page to get that page to where you want it to be.