Photo
- - - - -

How to delete current theme!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 gilly

gilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 08:31 AM

Hi i added some free theme when i first made a page, i have now bought a PageLine theme and cant see a upload theme option to, upload the zip file? How do i get rid of my current theme (monochrome) and use Pageline theme?

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 08:47 AM

In your local folder where you have WordPress stored, navigate to:

/wp-content/themes/

Put your iBlogPro, EcoPro, StationPro or WhiteHousePro (depending on which theme you have) in the /themes/ folder and upload it to the same folder on your server.

Then, from your WordPress Admin, navigate to:

Appearance > Themes

you'll see it in there, click "Activate", it'll automatically activate the new theme and deactivate the other.

Thanks, Bryan

#3 gilly

gilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:03 AM

I never downloaded anything,i made it at wordpress.com. Should i download something?? Thanks for helping me!

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:09 AM

That might be a problem. Generally, PageLines customers have their own hosting and domain for their custom WordPress setup. Having a blog hosted at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

is free and therefore very limited. Off the top of my head I don't think you can upload your own theme, they only let you choose from free themes, you may need to talk to WordPress customer support and look into upgrading to one of their more robust services. Thanks, Bryan