Photo
- - - - -

Featureslider is not working after update!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 saltydisciple

saltydisciple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:27 PM

Hi,

After I updated to 2.0, my Featureslider stopped working. It is currently showing only the first slide from the slide set. Also, even if I add a navigation to it, the navigation does not show?

Am I missing something here, do I need to active the slider from somewhere?

-salty

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:56 PM

Salty, The settings process for the slider have changed a bit. Did you try changing the settings from the specific page where the slider is located? Go to Dashboard > Pages... locate that specific page and scroll down til you reach the Features Setup in the PageLines Meta Settings. Try setting things there and see if that helps. If it doesn't, please let us know.

#3 saltydisciple

saltydisciple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:43 AM

Hi rangelone,

I went through all of the settings in the page-section and from the articles themselves. I made spedific Feature articles in the PageLines Features-section, added those articles to a Feature set and chose that Feature set as the source of the Featureslider. I changed the theme back to PlateformPro and everything worked fine, then back to PageLines Framework 2.0 and the Featureslider stopped working again.

Addition: I changed the Feature Post Source to "Use Post Category" and selected a category to show. This way I got the Featureslider to roll and show the navigation bar... but it did not pick the set Featured image from those articles, although I double checked that they are set.

But using that "Feature set"-type does not work, at all.

Can I send you some files or anything to help you guys sort this out?

Oh, the frustration...

-salty

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:24 AM

Salty, Send a link first. We may ask you to send a screenshot of your page's PageLines Meta Settings. Did you set the number of sliders, whether you want navigation or not on the individual page? I'm sorry if this sounds silly, but I went through the exact same thing just yesterday. I was pulling the hair out of my head, and it's the last one! Just before I plucked it out, I discovered that on the page where the feature sliders appear I had to change all my settings and it worked.

#5 saltydisciple

saltydisciple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:16 PM

Hi rangelone,

Unfortunately I cannot provide a link, since the site is running on a virtual server. I will put it "live" when it is ready.

Don't worry rangelone, you didn't sound silly. I help people with their computer problems a lot and usually the problem is something in the line of: "Oh, silly me, I forgot to turn the display on..." I did double check from the WP Pages section from under the particular page "Home" the PL Feature settings. I took two pictures through screen capture of those settings, where can I send them to you?

I hope this helps you to solve this issue.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:02 PM

You can either upload them to a server and provide a link or use

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#7 saltydisciple

saltydisciple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:26 PM

Here are the images using imgur.com:

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

Got them. You did say I think you used Category as your selector. I don't see anything wrong with your settings at all if that's the case. I'll bump this up to a developer as I don't know what could be causing this problem.

#9 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:44 PM

Thanks for posting the screenshots. It doesn't look like you're missing anything from what I see. Have you tried enabling the play/pause button to see if it works?

#10 saltydisciple

saltydisciple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:29 PM

Hi Catrina, Actually I did, and the button was added with a pause sign in it. But nothing happened even though I tried to press it. I also tried to add the feature slides to the feature set again, updated all permalinks, removed pagelines installation, installed it again and what else... oh, I also added the featureslider to other pages to see if it would work there, and lastly I cloned the slider to see if the clone worked. None of the above has helped. :(

#11 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators
  • 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.0

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

What happens if you create a new set, and add a couple of test features? Are you using any 3rd party plugins? Post type editors/reorder etc?

#12 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:51 PM

I noticed the same happening to my site but only in the content area. Feature slider works fine if placed above in the template section, but then stops if moved to the content section. It seems the content section doesn't allow the features to move. If anyone comes up with an answer to this please let me know, driving me mad. I'll keep playing about with it and if I find a solution will post back.

#13 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:22 PM

Thanks for that bit of insight. Some others may also be experiencing that issue.

#14 saltydisciple

saltydisciple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:17 AM

Hi,

I tried your suggestion Pross, and weird thing happened. When I removed the Features, there appeared new features for PageLines Framework out of nowhere... I removed them also, added new ones and everything started to work :D

I think the problem had something to do with the new PageLines Framework slides... maybe.

BUT all is good now :)

THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING! I CAN SLEEP BETTER NOW! :D