Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved How to remove Pagelines 'leaves' logo from the bottom of footer - Pagelines 2.0

Question

Posted · Report post

I'm sure this will be asked by many. Can someone please share how to remove the Pagelines 'leaves' logo from the bottom of the footer? It was not there in 1.5.3 and it appeared by magic in 2.0. Thank you! Paul

25 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Its auto removed for dev users.

Posted · Report post

That is very odd. In WP-Admin > Account - I logged in with Pagelines account credentials. First time I logged on, it accepted. When I went to buy 'Profile' from WP-Admin > Store - it failed to accept my credentials and kicked me out asking for new credential. I checked again and WP-Admin > Account - says I am logged in and all is well. Maybe Pagelines server just got a little tired with all the new users signing up. I will keep my eye on that logo and see if it comes back. Thank you for letting me know that it (logo) is connected to the 'Developer' account.

Posted · Report post

I am now wondering why I purchased pagelines professional. It doesn't seem to work with Vanilla forums unless I spend more money.....doesn't vanilla work with other free themes on wordpress? Now I'm reading that the link to pagelines remains even with paying money to upgrade to pagelines professional? Feeling very much like I'm getting nickled and dimed and still have pagelines logo and can't get any forum to work unless I spend more money! Not happy at all.

Posted · Report post

Can I understand please, what I was supposed to get with the professional edition??? I am not a developer, however I do need a forum for my site and I would like my site to link to my site rather than pagelines.

Posted · Report post

Doesn't Vanilla forums works with other free wordpress themes??? Why should it be a charge to get Vanilla to actually work with pagelines when it works with other themes that are free? Can someone explain this please? I believe I am still within time frame to get a refund on the Professional upgrade that appears to not be useful for me and I don't want to be a "Developer" just to use Vanilla if it could be had operational with other free wordpress themes? I remain stuck with this illogical concept.

Posted · Report post

I am using the pro version. Open footer.php find the cred line and delete it - done; no need for drama...

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

How do I remove the pagelines logo from the footer if I am not a "dev user"?

Posted · Report post

BTW, I should specify that I am able to hide the logo using css, but hope that there is a method of removing it in lieu of hiding it.

Posted · Report post

None of the posts helped me so after I figured it out, I decided to post this for newbies like me:

Pagelines > Site Options > Website Setup > [x] Hide Watermark

Whoops. I didn't see the answer was posted on the second page. I can't figure out how to delete my post so maybe the moderator can delete it for me.

Posted · Report post

I am guessing the logo is a 'feature' to encourage people to buy Developer Edition. So, I would further assume, it can not be removed. If you know a CSS to make it go away, I would say that is your only option.

Posted · Report post

I FOUND IT!! I finally found it. It took me forever but I am good now.

edit, n/m, found the answer

Posted · Report post

I have Dev edition I'm signed in Leaf logo is still there I simply can't find it in the UI to turn off and no matter how many replies I read, I can't find just simply the path in the UI to turn it off, posted anywhere.

Posted · Report post

This is madness! The Pagelines logo was removed from my footer - I don't recall how - and after upgrading to the latest version, it has come back again. Come on Pagelines... you're just making work for me here. I've bought your product already. What happened to the simple user option to remove the leaf logo by checking a box???? You are wasting my time and it makes me really angry. Simple answer fast appreciated.

Posted · Report post

@dreamcell, there has been no update to platformpro, If your referring to the update to PageLines Framework, there is a new option in the settings to set a custom footer logo or disable completely. There was never a simple option before. Sorry we wasted your time, next time please post in the correct forum to save us time.

Posted · Report post

I'm confused. I have the developer's version and the pagelines leaf has come back after an upgrade. This is distinct from the "Add footer logo", as that has no content and I still see the leaf. What's up?

Posted · Report post

i have the dev edition, the leaf logo is there.

Posted · Report post

i used #cred.pagelines { display: none; } to hide it. what is PL's stance on this issue? if the logo "must" be there, is PL choosing forced advertising vs. earning their recommendations? is that really happening? best, dainis

Posted · Report post

Dainis, You are free to edit footer.php and edit the credit line out.

Posted · Report post

I'm locking this topic as it's closed and resolved.

Posted · Report post

What did you do before to hide it? Did you use CSS?

Posted · Report post

Wait? So I have to pay more money to eliminate the Pagelines logo at the bottom? I have looked everywhere to eliminate it and I can't find it. I have the Pro version. I could understand having to pay to eliminate it if I hadn't paid for it already but more money? That's not cool. I like Pagelines and I recommend them to my friends but I don't want to HAVE to advertise for them.

Posted · Report post

I FOUND IT!! I finally found it. It took me forever but I am good now.

Posted · Report post

I've just purchase the developer edition This should not be on there Please - how do you turn it off? Ah - you don't actually get the developer edition until you login to pagelines from inside an install then you get the option to remove the watermark ummmm - a little uncomfortable with that I didn't actually download and install what I paid and got a receipt for!

Posted · Report post

Folks, in PageLines Framework, there's a setting at Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Website Setup for "Website Watermark". A checkbox there says "Hide Watermark". Checked, this hides the PageLines Leaf. You can alternatively replace it with your own logo.

This should be present whether you have Pro or Dev editions. I do not believe it's available with PageLines Lite.

I'm closing this topic because it's covering multiple products. If you have any further questions, please open a new topic.

Posted · Report post

The topic was marked as resolved.