How to remove Pagelines 'leaves' logo from the bottom of footer - Pagelines 2.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 cybersphere

cybersphere

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:54 AM

I'm sure this will be asked by many. Can someone please share how to remove the Pagelines 'leaves' logo from the bottom of the footer? It was not there in 1.5.3 and it appeared by magic in 2.0. Thank you! Paul

#2 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:03 AM

Its auto removed for dev users.

#3 cybersphere

cybersphere

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:10 AM

That is very odd. In WP-Admin > Account - I logged in with Pagelines account credentials. First time I logged on, it accepted. When I went to buy 'Profile' from WP-Admin > Store - it failed to accept my credentials and kicked me out asking for new credential. I checked again and WP-Admin > Account - says I am logged in and all is well. Maybe Pagelines server just got a little tired with all the new users signing up. I will keep my eye on that logo and see if it comes back. Thank you for letting me know that it (logo) is connected to the 'Developer' account.

#4 perrknight

perrknight

• Members

• 19 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

How do I remove the pagelines logo from the footer if I am not a "dev user"?

#5 perrknight

perrknight

• Members

• 19 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:23 AM

BTW, I should specify that I am able to hide the logo using css, but hope that there is a method of removing it in lieu of hiding it.

#6 cybersphere

cybersphere

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:54 AM

I am guessing the logo is a 'feature' to encourage people to buy Developer Edition. So, I would further assume, it can not be removed. If you know a CSS to make it go away, I would say that is your only option.

#7 dainiswmichel

dainiswmichel

• Members

• 189 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

i have the dev edition, the leaf logo is there.

#8 dainiswmichel

dainiswmichel

• Members

• 189 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:40 AM

i used #cred.pagelines { display: none; } to hide it. what is PL's stance on this issue? if the logo "must" be there, is PL choosing forced advertising vs. earning their recommendations? is that really happening? best, dainis

#9 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

Dainis, You are free to edit footer.php and edit the credit line out.

#10 dreamcell

dreamcell

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Framework Version:2.3.4

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:12 AM

This is madness! The Pagelines logo was removed from my footer - I don't recall how - and after upgrading to the latest version, it has come back again. Come on Pagelines... you're just making work for me here. I've bought your product already. What happened to the simple user option to remove the leaf logo by checking a box???? You are wasting my time and it makes me really angry. Simple answer fast appreciated.

#11 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

@dreamcell, there has been no update to platformpro, If your referring to the update to PageLines Framework, there is a new option in the settings to set a custom footer logo or disable completely. There was never a simple option before. Sorry we wasted your time, next time please post in the correct forum to save us time.

#12 greggsky

greggsky

Advanced Member

• Members

• 77 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

I'm confused. I have the developer's version and the pagelines leaf has come back after an upgrade. This is distinct from the "Add footer logo", as that has no content and I still see the leaf. What's up?

#13 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

What did you do before to hide it? Did you use CSS?

#14 jurnei

jurnei

• Members

• 7 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

I am now wondering why I purchased pagelines professional. It doesn't seem to work with Vanilla forums unless I spend more money.....doesn't vanilla work with other free themes on wordpress? Now I'm reading that the link to pagelines remains even with paying money to upgrade to pagelines professional? Feeling very much like I'm getting nickled and dimed and still have pagelines logo and can't get any forum to work unless I spend more money! Not happy at all.

#15 jurnei

jurnei

• Members

• 7 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

Can I understand please, what I was supposed to get with the professional edition??? I am not a developer, however I do need a forum for my site and I would like my site to link to my site rather than pagelines.

#16 jurnei

jurnei

• Members

• 7 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Doesn't Vanilla forums works with other free wordpress themes??? Why should it be a charge to get Vanilla to actually work with pagelines when it works with other themes that are free? Can someone explain this please? I believe I am still within time frame to get a refund on the Professional upgrade that appears to not be useful for me and I don't want to be a "Developer" just to use Vanilla if it could be had operational with other free wordpress themes? I remain stuck with this illogical concept.

#17 karmatrinlay

karmatrinlay

Advanced Member

• Members

• 70 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
  • Framework Version:DMS and PageLines Pro

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

I have Dev edition I'm signed in Leaf logo is still there I simply can't find it in the UI to turn off and no matter how many replies I read, I can't find just simply the path in the UI to turn it off, posted anywhere.

#18 paul_t

paul_t

• Members

• 157 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS 1.1.6

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:29 PM

I've just purchase the developer edition This should not be on there Please - how do you turn it off? Ah - you don't actually get the developer edition until you login to pagelines from inside an install then you get the option to remove the watermark ummmm - a little uncomfortable with that I didn't actually download and install what I paid and got a receipt for!

#19 tdarcy

tdarcy

• Members

• 4 posts
  • LocationVista, CA

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:25 AM

Wait? So I have to pay more money to eliminate the Pagelines logo at the bottom? I have looked everywhere to eliminate it and I can't find it. I have the Pro version. I could understand having to pay to eliminate it if I hadn't paid for it already but more money? That's not cool. I like Pagelines and I recommend them to my friends but I don't want to HAVE to advertise for them.

#20 tdarcy

tdarcy

• Members

• 4 posts
  • LocationVista, CA

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:08 AM

I FOUND IT!! I finally found it. It took me forever but I am good now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved