Photo
- - - - -

How about adding an option to add URL to individual images using the Nextgen Gallery as image source

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 saltydisciple

saltydisciple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Framework Version:2.3

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:47 PM

Hi, I was really frustrated for not being able to add a custom field in the Nextgen gallery to individual images. I wanted to have a different link in every image. I was able to do this by installing the WP plugin Nextgen Gallery Custom Fields. And then modifying the gallery-plcarousel.php with the instructions provided withe Custom fields plugin. Adding a similar native option to PlatformPro would make atleast me REALLY HAPPY :D Just a thought.

#2 nicoleisthenewblack

nicoleisthenewblack

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

Hi! how did you do this? I am struggling for DAYS trying to get this to work. according to directions online this is what i did. i followed the direction and added a custom field called links, set the effects to none downloaded gallery.php and changed it to gallery-galleryname.php my gallery is called featured so i changed it to gallery-featured.php put this is a folder i created called nggallery in the pageline folder (someone said if it was a framework i shouldnt put it in the child theme folder) so the path to file is wp-content/themes/pagelines/gallery-themes.php i changed the code to add custom link am i missing something? i think i am suppose to tell nextgen to use nggallery id template: feature but i dont know where to do this? gah. i might cry. you said you mentioned modifying gallery- plcarousel. what code did you add exactly thanks my link is nicoleisthenewblack.com

#3 nicoleisthenewblack

nicoleisthenewblack

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

nevermind. i guess i had to type it out. it works now in case anyone else is searching. i wanted the image in the pageline carousel to go to a specific link using nextgen gallery images i created the custom field called Link. populated each field with the right link. then in the pagelines carousel .php (plcarousel.php) i entered this ngg_custom_fields["Your Field Name Here"]; ?> in the a href field so it looked like a href ="ngg_custom_fields["Link"]; ?>" so now my carousel images will direct traffic to different blog post. well once i add the alttext as text under the carousel. but this is a mini victory so i am calling it night on pagelines.