• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 rbarsalo

rbarsalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:20 PM

I need to do a book product file and would like to link the cover of the book to a gallery of inside pages without leaving that book file. I also want to do this without having to put all the thumbnails in that same page. I have searched for two days and it seems all gallery plugins insist that the images of the galleries must be on that page. Is there a way to have only one picture (or text) to open a lightbox style gallery with multiple pictures to scroll?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

Have you considered Lightbox 2?: http://wordpress.org...ins/lightbox-2/ It lets you scroll through images by clicking "next" and "previous" links within the Lightbox. It doesn't have thumbnails inside.

#3 rbarsalo

rbarsalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:39 PM

Thanks Catrina, But my problem is that I want a single picture (not a gallery of thumbnails) to open a lightbox window with several other pictures in it. Is there a way to have only one picture (or text) to open a lightbox style gallery with multiple pictures in it to scroll?

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

It should be possible to add the image and then hide the rest of them on the page.

#5 rbarsalo

rbarsalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

Do you know how? Or where I could find the code to do this? Its not in the plugin interface I have (which is jQuery Lightbox For Native Galleries)...

#6 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:51 AM

I've never seen a lightbox plugin that does that but it doesn't mean they don't exist. Most lightbox plugins open one image at a time. I suggest searching http://www.wordpress...extend/plugins/ or even a google search.

#7 rbarsalo

rbarsalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:32 PM

I mentionned I had search for two days ;- ) Will keep searching and post the solution when I find it. In the meantime, here is the closest i could get : http://stackoverflow...s-from-one-link Will try this and come back with a comment.

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

Have you considered embedding a PDF file inside a page?

#9 rbarsalo

rbarsalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:51 PM

The link I gave coupled with the latest version of Lightbox Plus made it work perfectly in PlatformPro child theme. Seems everything needs to be checked again in 2.0...

#10 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:46 AM

Did you just upgrade to 2.0? What issues are you encountering?

#11 rbarsalo

rbarsalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:57 PM

You saw them in my questions about blank pages... that became lost links in features, boxes, widgets, and background. All the infos that I had put in PlaatformPro are not recognized in 2.0 Seems Pageline changed the data structure...