Photo
- - - - -

Weird warning message when trying to add a thumb

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 brewha51

brewha51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:20 AM

I'm trying to recreate the StationPro post layout with the thumbnail located on the left. I've read the posts about how to do it, and still can't get it done. When I create a custom field called "thumb" with a value of the URl to the image, and when I try to update I get this message: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/i/c/o/iconbarbershop/html/wp-content/plugins/custom-field-template/custom-field-template.php on line 2256 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/i/c/o/iconbarbershop/html/wp-content/plugins/custom-field-template/custom-field-template.php:2256) in /home/content/i/c/o/iconbarbershop/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 865 Any ideas?

#2 jnoh

jnoh

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:28 AM

you're going to need to modify the theme to use the custom field... you'll have to clarify what you've done so far. you may want to checkout the wp-post-thumbnail plugin to accomplish this. link here --> http://www.seoadsens...umbnail-plugin/

#3 brewha51

brewha51

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:24 AM

I'm trying and I know there's got to be an easy fix to this. I'm back to trying to use the WP-Post Thumbnail plug-in but it's just cycling for some reason. When I upload a picture to crop, I can upload it, but at the top of the plug-in section, it just has the word "widescreen" and there is a cycling type of an icon that shows that it's trying to work, but even letting that run for quite some time, it still doesn't give me the option to crop. What am I doing wrong? Is there more to do than to just activiate the plug-in and try to upload a pic? Is there anything that I need to do with the code?

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:37 AM

some people have definitely had a hard time with the wp-post-thumbnail... its just a tool to help you create a custom field: http://www.pagelines...?id=42#post-219 You could try reinstalling the plugin, or just doing the thumbs manually. (custom field called 'thumb' with a value equal to the url of a 200px by 200px image.)