#1 tsilloh

tsilloh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:50 AM

I have set-up a Carousel-Standard page with a default sidebar on the right, max carousel items set at 50, and carousel image/link mode set at post thumbnails. I have created 18 posts and with each one have set a featured image. When I view the page, I can see all 18 featured images in the carousel. When I hover the cursor over the featured image, the name of the post appears in the bottom part of the featured image. Nice! However, when I click on the featured image to see the post, I get the following error message: "Error 404 - Page Not Found" "Sorry, what your are looking for isn't here." Can you tell me what I have done wrong or failed to do in the first place? When I set the featured image there was an opportunity in the Link URL field to enter a link URL or click on one of three presets: None or File URL or Post URL. Should I have entered a link URL or selected one of the presets? What does the link URL control? Thank you for your patience with a novice web developer and the helpful answers you provide.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:59 AM

When you mouse over the the thumbnail image in your Carousel, what link do you see in the status bar of your browser? The link URL controls the page that the image links to.

#3 tsilloh

tsilloh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

Thanks for a helpful and clear answer.