Photo

EcoPro - highlight page - tbubble background colour

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 whonickedmyname

whonickedmyname

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:52 PM

Hi, I've installed Ecopro and begun customisation on a test site, and have noticed that on the highlight page there is a slight difference on the twitter bubble at the bottom when viewing in IE7. I've taken a quick look at the CSS and I don't see where it's getting the reference for the darker background colour on that page. Could you point me in the right direction so that I can remove it and have it the same as the other pages? Many thanks Laura

#2 whonickedmyname

whonickedmyname

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

an example of whats happening http://wp.lab42.co.uk/?page_id=23 Thank you!

#3 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:09 AM

Unfortunately, there is no fix for this... IE simply interprets the colors differently, it's not being assigned a different color. Thanks, Bryan

#4 whonickedmyname

whonickedmyname

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:27 AM

Ah, I see. I had a feeling that was the case. Is IE taking the colour from the highlight background? I don't mind losing the highlight colour at the top of the page to remove it from the bottom bubble? (the extra boxes at the top would be highlight enough)

#5 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:35 AM

Sorry, I'm not sure I fully understand your last question... IE is getting it's color styles from the stylesheet, like all other browsers, sometime there's an IE specific stylesheet for other problems IE causes, but as far as color, there's not much you can do. You want your monitor to be using sRGB, which is the most respected and used color profile, if you make your site look good for that color profile, graphics and content, that's the best you can do. You should note that IE users VS Firefox VS Safari users won't ever know the difference, it's not likely that they'll be looking at your site in multiple browsers. Thanks, Bryan