Removing Custom Header Image from only the homepage

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KristaD

KristaD

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:41 AM

Hello there, I am planning to use a feature module with a large banner as a topper for my homepage. I want the custom header image ONLY on all pages except for the homepage. I am not sure what the script would be (and where would it go?) to hide the header image from only the home page and feature it on all other pages (with no feature module). I have my blog on a localhost, so I can't post a live example, but I have a similar blog with the same features on the homepage @

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving!

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15891 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:51 AM

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you would like to remove this banner image on your homepage only?

If so, to give you the correct code will be quite difficult as your currently localhost, but the to remove something from your Homepage, you need to add something similar to this to your custom css:

The above is just an example, due to not being able to see it first hand.

#3 KristaD

KristaD

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 08:41 PM

You rock , Danny! I'm going to try this out. I am so excited! I tried to be cool and figure it out on my own, but I failed! Thanks again. I'll post to let you know what happens!

#4 KristaD

KristaD

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

Ok! I did it! In custom.css: .home .headline { display:none; } WORKS! Love it. Thank you!