#1 tsalstrand

tsalstrand

• Members

• 245 posts
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:12 PM

I want my default/home page to look like this sites (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

). If he had used Pagelines, he basically has: -Header (branding and navigation) at top -Features Slider next -Dual Sidebars (one with the video embed and other with "buy now") -Footer I've been trying to do something like this, but I can't figure out how I need to set it up. My website is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I currently have the "Layout Editor" setup with main content and one sidebar. In the "Template Setup" I have it setup so that the "Posts Pages" has the Universal Sidebar with video embed, however I can't get the primary sidebar to show without including the Content Are in the "Posts Pages". Problem with including the Content Area is that it automatically makes an area for posts even if there aren't any. How can I have the Default Page show two widgetized sidebars, side-by-side? Thanks in advance!

#2 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

If you don't want posts on your homepage you should just make it into a static page. Make a new page called "Home". Go to Settings -> Reading and select "static page" for your front page and then "Home". Leave the setting for the blog page blank or choose another page you made for that , (like "blog" or "news") Then you can have content in your primary sidebar, and content in the main area of the page, added directly in the content editor.

#3 tsalstrand

tsalstrand

• Members

• 245 posts
  • Framework Version:latest

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:08 AM

Took me a second to correct all the other problems I had created while trying to get this... but your answer was perfect :-D I use to know that, but I've gotten so use to working to the Platform Pro Settings that I totally forgot about the WP settings... thanks for the help!