Photo
- - - - -

Customizing slider to be full-width photostrip with multiple images side-by-side

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lillikeinaenen

lillikeinaenen

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:51 AM

I'm pretty new to Pagelines/PlatformPro, and was hoping you guys could give me ideas on where to start tackling this project. My client would like a design where the images are a wide block on the page, kind of like a photostrip, where you'd see the previous, current and next image side-by-side, filling the entire screen. Don't think they need to be 100% of the screen width, but just something very wide, thousands of pixels so it fills most screens. The biggest problem I see with this is that the slider is setup to be inside the content area. And to stretch the content area, everything else will become super wide as well, right? Should I start with the slider, or should I take the carousel and start customizing the size of the images there? The carousel is closer to what I need in functionality. My client also asked for a horizontal scroll (yikes!) but I don't think it's necessary. Awesome product, I'm happy as a clam to be doing all of the build myself instead of trying to hire flaky and sloppy coders! So thank you for making that easy and possible!

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:25 AM

I think it's best if you start off with the feature slider (the site will have to be in full-width mode) and then try a WordPress plugin for a feature slider that more closely matches the one that your client wants. Plugins can be searched for here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content