#1 tsilloh

tsilloh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:25 AM

I can never find the answers I need on the PageLines website or in the PageLines documentation so I have some questions that need answers before I proceed. I have an item that I would like to display from each of the 50 states of the United States. The user needs to scroll left or right to the state name and thumbnail photo of the item; click on it to see an enlarged image of the item, the associated state name, and a brief description; and click on a link to purchase and pay for the item. Which Carousel Image/Link Mode should I use - Flickr, Post Thumbnails, or NextGen Gallery? Will the WhiteHousePro3 carousel page handle as many as 50 thumbnail pictures? Can I assume that selecting one of the pictures will cause it to enlarge on the main part of the page? Can text be associated with each thumbnail picture? with each enlarged picture? Can links be associated with each enlarged picture? What is the difference between the full width and the standard carousel page? I always appreciate the quick, professional, and complete answers provided in this forum. Thank you!

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:30 AM

If I understand you correctly, you want a carousel with 1 item for each of the 50 states, 50 carousel images total. I got that part.. that is definitely doable, but then you're adding in an informational lightbox effect AND an ecommerce store with each carousel image? Having all 3 of those items together is definitely outside of the default scope of the theme and will require the help of one of our Pros (http://www.pagelines.com/pros). For something inside the theme functions, you could use the post thumbnail mode (providing the image is the post thumbnail). Clicking the thumbnail would take you to the associated post (written by you) with the information and purchase options (again, written by you). You can have text associated with each image on hover (I believe it shows the image title or maybe the post title, can't remember).