creating a sitewide activity stream

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dainiswmichel

dainiswmichel

• Members

• 189 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:12 AM

hiya, maybe pagelines 2.0 will make this "wish" easier... how can i create a site-wide activity stream? For me a SiteWide Activity Stream includes summaries of Recent Posts and Recent Comments in one place. Functionality: Because of code stripping and images and all that stuff, i'd say one would just click something like "view & reply" and that would take you to the full comment or post Next: a sitewide activity stream that includes summaries of or complete facebook, twitter, youtube, etc. comments could rss somehow be used? the idea is to just have a chronological list of summary items, those items allow you to click through the source where comments are handled (so the programming is in the compilation of the list, not in creating complex commenting functionality). the result is: site visitors can visit one page and see what's going on. they click to see what they are interested in, ignore what they are not interested in, and are deeply grateful that your(my) site saves them time and "clicking energy." best, dainis w michel

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:51 AM

Can you post a link to a site that has something similar, as I'm finding it difficult to visualize what you mean.

#3 dainiswmichel

dainiswmichel

• Members

• 189 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

sure! http://www.latv.at/jaunumi/ http://www.curetinnitus.org/activity but cuz making it private is turning out to be a bit of an issue, i am likely going to shut the curetinnitus.org one down soon -- replacing it with -- well -- whatever pagelines 2.0 + vanilla + ? offers. i mean, it's gotta work... cheers, dainis