#1 ilonka65

ilonka65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Framework Version:Developer / Business Edition

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:27 AM

Hello I have made some customizations to the feature area; it now has less height and fits all the way to the sides of the page, except there is a very fine white border remaining which is not visible on the png file, can anyone help with this? The other customizations I wish to make are: - remove the padding between the main nav bar & feature image (so the nav bar sits directly under the feature image) and bring the main nav bar all the way to the edge of the page - remove the space created by the home page "content area". I want to add a google map here on rhs and 'call to action' contact form on lhs (do I need to remove this empty space to do that or put it in this empty space?) URL:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks in advance!

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:45 AM

You should download FireBug (

) to help you determine which CSS changes to make on your site. You will find it to be a very useful tool for CSS customizations.

I don't see a white border, not even a faint one. Maybe I'm just missing it?

To make the changes you're wanting, you can add the following CSS to your custom CSS code:

#3 ilonka65

ilonka65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:32 AM

Hi Jenny Thank you, that helped to get the nav bar snuggled right up against the feature image...now I would like it to go all the way to the left edge of the page... I have been using firebug to do the changes made so far but some things are still way over my head! Maybe its my browser, but there's definitely still a tiny amount of white showing on lhs & rhs of feature image.

#4 ilonka65

ilonka65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:00 AM

Hello Jenny One more thing.... every page except for the home page has the feature image misaligned to the left

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

I only see white space on the right side of the feature image when I view it Firefox. The image needs to be wider to fill the extra white space.

#6 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

This should get your nav moved all the way to the left:

To make the image fit, you need to make the image bigger. Two things:

1. The reason you're seeing a faint white line is because you're putting a 959px image into a 960px area.
2. The reason your page has a different width depending upon the page is because that's how you have it setup (with custom CSS). To fix it, use this in your custom CSS:

Alternatively, instead of fixing your image to make it 960px, you should be able to just change the code above to width: 959px; and that will hopefully solve both issues at once. :) (Note: if you do this, you will need to remove #feature_slider {margin-left: -10px;} from your custom CSS).

#7 ilonka65

ilonka65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:30 AM

Hello simple_mama I'm still having issues with this... I checked the size using pixel grabber and it says it 980 px, so I made the feature image bigger in photoshop. This is my custom code so far: body{} #feature-area, .feature-wrap, #feature_slider .fmedia, #feature_slider .fcontent, #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad, #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad { height: 231px; } #feature-footer {display:none;} #feature_slider{width:980px;} #feature { margin: 0 !important; } #page, #dynamic-content { min-height: 0; } #boxes .dcol-pad { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #F7F7F7; } The web url is

You can see the image is cut off inside this area as its not trimmed that close to the logo and text in photoshop

#8 ilonka65

ilonka65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:42 AM

I've got it working better, but its still like a patch-up on what it should be, this is evident by the fact that the actual image is not centered correctly; the logo & text on the jpeg is the same distance from left edge as text is on right edge, but that's not the case once uploaded.... and there's a strip of darker black on rhs of image showing how far out the image is from being centered (I presume). Here is my code so far... body{} #feature-area, .feature-wrap, #feature_slider .fmedia, #feature_slider .fcontent, #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad, #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad { height: 231px; } #feature-footer {display:none;} #feature_slider{width:980px;margin-left: -10px;} #feature { margin: 0 !important; } #page, #dynamic-content { min-height: 0; } #boxes .dcol-pad { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #F7F7F7; } #primary-nav ul.main-nav { margin-left: -10px; } The page width is 960px and I have remade the image to be 962px, but obviously that's still not quite the right solution

#9 ilonka65

ilonka65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:51 AM

Hello simple_mama, In response to your comment below , I tried the code below that and now the pages other than the home page seem ok, but the home page is not: 2. The reason your page has a different width depending upon the page is because that's how you have it setup (with custom CSS). To fix it, use this in your custom CSS: .fixed_width #page, .fixed_width #footer, .canvas #page-canvas { width: 960px; } Alternatively, instead of fixing your image to make it 960px, you should be able to just change the code above to width: 959px; and that will hopefully solve both issues at once. :) (Note: if you do this, you will need to remove #feature_slider {margin-left: -10px;} from your custom CSS). My Code: body{} #feature-area, .feature-wrap, #feature_slider .fmedia, #feature_slider .fcontent, #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad, #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad { height: 231px; } #feature-footer {display:none;} #feature_slider{width:980px;} #feature { margin: 0 !important; } #page, #dynamic-content { min-height: 0; } #boxes .dcol-pad { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #F7F7F7; } #primary-nav ul.main-nav { margin-left: -10px; } .fixed_width #page, .fixed_width #footer, .canvas #page-canvas { width: 960px; }

#10 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

I'm confused as to what you still need fixed but here are a couple things I noticed.

Your feature image is coded with:

But your site width is smaller than that. That's why it is showing larger. You need to correct the width in your PageLines settings.

Remove this:

..to fix your navigation bar.

If there's anything else, or if I misread your questions, please let us know what you need. :)

#11 ilonka65

ilonka65

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

that worked...thank you :D