Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Changes of Fonts in a Platform site

Question

Posted · Report post

On the site http://klinger.iwm.at/ I would like to have the font for the sidebar navigation bold. I tried to achieve this in the Typography section of the Platform Pro Settings (secondary), but my entries there do not seem to have any effect. I woul also like the navigation at higher position and that the active page is highlighted. How can I bring this about? As always I very much appreciate and thank fo your help, Steph

11 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

You will need to add this CSS to Custom Code > Custom CSS: [code]/* Makes Type Bold */ ul#menu li#menu-item {font-weight: bold;} /* Moves Navigation Higher */ ul#list_sidebar_primary div.sidebar_widgets {margin-top: -35px;} /* Makes Active Page Highlighted */ ul#menu li#current_page_item {background-color: #f2f2f2;}[/code]

Posted · Report post

Thanks for your help, prompt as always. But somehow it does not seem to take effect.

Posted · Report post

Try this instead: [code]/* Makes Type Bold */ div#sidebar_primary ul#menu li.menu-item {font-weight: bold;} /* Moves Navigation Higher */ div#sidebar_primary {margin-top: -35px;} /* Makes Active Page Highlighted */ div#sidebar_primary ul#menu li.current_page_item {background-color: #f2f2f2;}[/code]

Posted · Report post

it still won't show. Sorry about that, Steph

Posted · Report post

Steph, When you said you tried Typography, what did you do and how did you try to affect change?

Posted · Report post

I set the Secondary Font on Arial and bold, but the navigation font does not change.

Posted · Report post

Hi Stefen, [code] /* THIS ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE THE FONT FAMILY */ #secondnav li a { font-family:arial; } /* THIS ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE THE FONT WEIGHT TO BOLD */ #secondnav li a { font-weight:bold; } [/code] If that doesn' work try this: [code] /* THIS ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE THE FONT FAMILY */ #secondnav li a { font-family:arial !important; } /* THIS ALLOWS YOU TO CHANGE THE FONT WEIGHT TO BOLD */ #secondnav li a { font-weight:bold !important; } [/code]

Posted · Report post

Thanks, Danny. It was not cear to me whether to enter this in Typography or in Custom Code. I tried both. To no avail. The font is still not bold.

Posted · Report post

Dear all, I repeat what I need to achieve on the site http://klinger.iwm.at/ a) The navigation in the left sidebar should be placed higher b) the font of this navigation should be bold c) The active page should be highlighted in the navigation. My customer (and consequently I) is getting a bit nervous. If the remedy of these things can only be done by your paid service, please let me know asap what it will cost. regards Steph

Posted · Report post

Hi Stefan, Sorry about my previous answer, I thought for some reason not quite sure why, you were talking about a secondary navigation. Nevermind the following code should be added to custom code. 1. Places the nav higher up, if you want it higher let us know. [code] .scolumn-pad { padding: 0 0.7em !important;} [/code] 2. The font should appear bold now. [code] .menu-menu-container a { font-weight: bold; } [/code] 3. The active menu item's background should appear black, if you want another color change the color hex code. [code] .widget ul li.current-menu-item { background-color: #111111;} [/code] a) If you didn't want the background to be another color but the text to change when its the current page, us this code: [code] .widget ul li.current-menu-item a { color: #111111;} [/code]

Posted · Report post

1000 x thanks!! You saved my day Steph