• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 peterb

peterb

Advanced Member

• Members

• 65 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:56 PM

This is basically what I want to do. I like the EcoPro theme very much, but I would like to change this tiny little thing. I basically want the top of my page to look something like this (taken from makeuseof.com)

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

There are several ways of doing that. One would be to use a plugin for Related Content or Latest Posts, specifying content from one single category, then make sure the posts you want to appear are set to that category. Another would be to create a table of two rows, one for the images, one for the text below, with 5 table columns. You can then style the table (recommend doing the styling right in the table) and get it looking exactly as you want. Still further, you can try any of the other carousel plugins out there at http://www.wordpress.../extend/plugins

#3 peterb

peterb

Advanced Member

• Members

• 65 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:41 AM

Rangelone, your "Table of two rows" method sounds intriguing. What do I have to do, to get these tables to appear in my preferred area?

#4 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

Hey Peter,
Do you need that to slide? If not, you could soapboxes. But, keep in mind that wouldn't be a dynamic solution. You would have to manually update it.

If you want to use the built-in Carousel option, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too difficult. There's already an option to use Post thumbnails. So, you would just have to add/modify some PHP to pull the title or excerpt.