19 replies to this topic

#1 platformdja

platformdja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Framework Version:platformpro

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

Hi all, I am having a problem with a dropdown menu in PlatformPro. When I hover over the menu the submenu items dropdown as you would expect. Often when I try and click on a submenu item (especially the first) the dropdown often disappears. This happens in Firefox (7.0.1), Safari (for windows, havent got an Apple to try it on) and Chrome. The only Browser that it doesnt seem to do it on is IE9. I would be very grateful for ideas. I am def a beginner so I have not been making custom changes to the code, CSS etc. If you would like to test it the site is new.powerdiary.com.au. Hover over "Your Industry" and then try and scroll down to click on one of the dropdown menu items. For some reason it sometimes doesnt do it. If it seems to be working try clicking on another menu item and then hover over Your Industry again and it will usually play up. Thanks in advance. Damien

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15215 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

Hi Damien,

It looks like you haven't enabled the drop down menu option in Platform Settings --> Header & Nav, look for a settings called "Drop Down Navigation - Nav and BrandNav Section" then tick the box next to "Enable Drop Down Navigation?".

The reason why I say you haven't enabled that option is that, you don't have either the drop down menu image or this HTML when I viewed your drop down menu code.

<span class="sf-sub-indicator"> </span>

#3 platformdja

platformdja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:55 AM

Thanks for your reply Danny but I checked and I already have this enabled. I also have "Enable shadow on dropdown menu" ticked. The only option I don't have enabled in that list is "Enable arrows on dropdown list". Any other ideas?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15215 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:06 AM

OK, well you could try enabling the arrows and see if it works, this is just for testing purposes nothing more. Also have you added any custom CSS, or changed any of the core files at all ?

#5 platformdja

platformdja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

Thanks Danny. I haven't added any custom CSS or changed any core files at all. I have enabled the arrows as you can see. It added two arrows but otherwise no other change. I am wondering if it is an issue with the drop down menu being set to disappear too quickly. I have found that the problem happens more if I slowly move the mouse from hovering over main menu item down to one of the lower menu options. As soon as the mouse is no longer hovering over the main menu item the dropdown disappears. It is like there is a gap inbetween the active zone of the main menu item and the active zone of next menu item down. Once the mouse hits that gap the dropdown disappears. If the dropdown remained visible for a littlebit longer it would give time for the mouse to hit the active section of the top dropdown menu item. Just a thought. Could this be the issue? If so any ideas on how to adjust either the active zone on the menu items so there is no gap, or increase the delay before the dropdown disappears?

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

I think the delay can be increased in one of the nav files located in the core files of the theme, but changing it isn't recommended unless you copy over the necessary file to PlatformBase and make the edits there.

#7 cirrusdesign

cirrusdesign

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

I am having the exact same problem with my drop down menus. Has anyone come up with a solution? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:50 AM

Can you please post a link to your site?

#9 gleach4tvc

gleach4tvc

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:19 PM

Having the same problem here... using Firefox the drop downs just seem buggy, sometimes they work, but other times not at all. Here's a link to my site: http://www.tvcbranson.com Any suggestions would be appreciated too.

#10 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:42 AM

Have you already tried deactivating your active plugins to see how the dropdown menus behave?

#11 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

Are you still experiencing issues?

#12 aerta

aerta

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

Having same problem with Safari: grandchild menus disappear: http://www.tim-riley...te/?page_id=170 any solutions?

#13 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

I responded to you in the topic you posted, but your issue is just a little different from the one presented in this topic.

#14 chasenet

chasenet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

Was there ever a solution to this? I am having the same problem on a clients site I'm working on. http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/wp/ Just one plugin: WidgetLogic. Disabling doesn't change anything.

#15 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15215 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

Hi chasenet, What browser and version are you viewing the site, as I have visited the page above and the drop down works fine. Im using latest Chrome and Safari.

#16 edwelly

edwelly

Advanced Member

• Members

• 45 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

Hi. Having the same issue. Nav menu dropdowns work fine in IE 8.0, but not in Chrome 21.0.1180.83, Safari 5.1.7 or Firefox 14.0.1. URL: http://communindiefilms.com/ Disabling plugins did not help but this appears to coincide with moving to Wordpress 3.4.1 - not 100% sure though.

#17 edwelly

edwelly

Advanced Member

• Members

• 45 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

Never mind - it was a plugin. Tubepress is causing my issue.

#18 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15215 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:08 AM

Thank you for informing us the issue has been resolved, we appreciate it. I recommend you contact the plugin author and let them know of the issue.

#19 tyrichards

tyrichards

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

I need some help with this. My site is ready to go accept all of the sudden the 2 dropdown items in the main menu are not visible anymore. I'm 99% sure that it is a CSS issue because that is the only change I've made today. I've disabled all plugins through the wp-config file and the dropdowns still did not work. The dropdown still shows up in the html, and I've tried "z-index:1000" and "display: block". No luck. Any help would be much appreciated. http://dermaclinicoftx.com/home/

#20 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

Can you please remove the CSS you added?