• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 djoke

djoke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

Hi There, I've been trying around to fix the layout of my platform pro here and there with the help of a little css, but I reached my limits ;) If you have a look here: www.musicisokai.com These things I can't get fixed: 1. How can I change the font layout of my post links without affecting headlines and links in the widgets? I just want to have my post links underlined. 2. How can I get rid of the search field in the header? 3. How can I move the publish date in posts from header to bottom? 4. How can I change the font layout of the text in the widgets? I'm glad for any help or advice! Thanks in advance! Ole

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

1. This can be accomplished with CSS placed in Dashboard > PlatformPro > Custom Code in the CSS Rules section (top of the settings page). Use Firebug for Firefox to identify the specific element you want to change. (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) 2. In the Header And Nav section of PlatformPro, scroll down and check the box to Hide Search Field in Nav. 3. Changing the location of the Metabar (byline, date, categories, etc) is going to be done in the template file, template.postloop.php, found in the wp-content/themes/platformpro folder. You make the changes on your local computer and upload the template to wp-content/themes/platformbase folder. 4. Changing the fonts in widgets should be a matter of applying CSS to the CSS Rules area as in Answer 1. This may help you learn about CSS font controls

Keep in mind that the fonts in widgets may be controlled by a plugin's CSS too.

#3 djoke

djoke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:00 AM

Thank you very much, rangelone. I'm working with CSSEdit which has similar features like firebug. 1. This is the problem - how do I identify links which are in posts only? changes .a have effect on every link on the page. 2. Quite simple :) That did it. 3. I'll try figuring that out. 4. Same problem as 1. I can change the fonts for text widgets, put I can't identify any css effecting the fonts in the links, categories, archives and tags widgets.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16310 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:14 AM

Hi Djoke,

1. Add this to code to Platform Settings --> Custom Code --> CSS Rules.

4. When you say "change font layout" what you mean exactly?

#5 djoke

djoke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

Hi Danny.. 1. This will change my post-title, but I just want links in posts to be underlined. 4. Change Size, Line-Height and Spacing e.g.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:37 PM

In response to:
1. There are a wide range of options here, ranging from a simple straightforward underline to dots, dashes, blinking, color changes, etc to attract attention. You can even have a double underline. Please read this, which will provide you with both CSS examples and a good learning experience for future needs.

4. I pointed you earlier to

to help you learn to apply the CSS changes you want to adjust font sizes, line heights, spacing, decoration, styles, colors, etc. Unfortunately, there is no "global" fix as different components or elements of your site have different DIVs or CLASSes that may individually apply their own CSS, particularly if the fonts you seek to change are in multiple sidebar widgets or plugins. You should look over your site with Firebug for Firefox (

) and find the applicable classes or divs you wish to specifically change then, apply a CSS tag to Custom Code in the CSS Rules area that's specific to that class or div.

Here's an example from one of my sites. Please don't try to use this on yours as it's very specific to mine.

This changes the font, style, weight, variant, spacing and text for the primary font in the "Leave a Comment" option in the byline area under the post title.

You can see it's applied to the Body of the site, that it's a specific font div, a font selection div and the particular area of the "metabar" (the section containing byline, date, comments, categories).

I'm sure it would be much nicer for us to provide you with specific changes needed for each component, but since we don't know which changes you want, where, how, etc., it would be impossible for us to do this in a forum setting. However, if you'd like to have one of our Pros assist you, please visit

We're certainly here in the forum to help you with any questions that may arise.