• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cfimortgage

cfimortgage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

I installed Wordpress and installed the BBPress plugin (2.0) from the Wordpress plugin manager. I activated the plugin and added PlatformBase and PlatformPro to my themes folder. I can see them and I activated Pro (I would like to use base but I wanted to get BBPress working before testing with base). I downloaded the BBPress theme and attempted to follow the instructions in the README file. I read on the PageLines support forum that I dont need to deep integrate Wordpress and BBPress so I skipped that step. I followed the listed steps: Getting Started 1. Locate the 'PlatformForum' folder. 2. Upload 'PlatformForum' to the ???bb-templates??™ folder in your bbPress install via FTP 3. Activate the theme in the admin, under 'Appearance'??¦ 4. Locate the plugins that come with this forum in your PageLines account. 5. Activate in the admin under ???Plugins??™ > ???Installed??™ I dont have a ???bb-templates??™ folder in my BBPress install so I tried both dropping it into the ???bbp-themes??™ and creating a ???bb-templates??™ folder and dropping the theme into there. None worked when I go to 'Appearance'. I only see the two main themes and if I activate ether of them I am given the error message: 'Your active theme does not include bbPress template files. Your forums are using the default styling included with bbPress.' I am guessing those instructions are ether out dated or I am missing something. Can anyone help me out with this?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:21 PM

First, you should have base activated. That's important. Second, I recently wrote updated docs for bbPress plugin http://www.pagelines.../bbpress-forums You do not need the PlatformForum component any longer as it applies singularly to bbPress 1.1 and is redundant to bbPress 2.0 plugin. If you recently purchased this, please address this matter with hello@pagelines.com.

#3 cfimortgage

cfimortgage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:01 PM

I have already go to and followed those instructions before posting this message. I have reactivated the 'base' theme. The issue is that I still see 'Your active theme does not include bbPress template files. Your forums are using the default styling included with bbPress.' when I am on the themes menu. Also the forum theme doesnt really change at all. I sorta figured it would look something like the forum that is used on this site (this forum). Or am I wrong about that?

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

That's okay. It gives that message any time you use any other theme than Twenty Ten or a specific bbPress theme.

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

This forum is actually Vanilla, not bbPress. May I have a link to your forums?

#6 cfimortgage

cfimortgage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

http://diyponics.com/forum/test-forum

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

Actually, your site looks pretty much about the same as my test, perhaps better. http://epicurus.com/...mmunity-support I'm having issues when I log out of it. It seems to duplicate the folder name, becoming epicurus.com/community/community/forum...

#8 cfimortgage

cfimortgage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

Well thank you for your assistance. I guess I will be trying out Vanilla to see if I can get better results. ^_^

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:11 AM

Try creating a blank page with the template of your choice and adding this shortcode: [bbp-forum-index] It won't fix the bylines, and will still leave you with centered not flush left text, but if you're going to use bbPress, it does eliminate the problem of only one single post showing on the forums page (default). Just don't name the page forums. Call it something like discussion or community.