Default Sidebars in Admin Area - How to remove them

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 msialaska

msialaska

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

Upon clicking 'Widgets' in the CMS you are given about 10 default sidebars created by PlatformPro but I don't need about 7 of them and I think it will just add confusion for our client. Is there a way to remove the ones that we aren't using (which file are you registering the sidebars in). Thanks.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:47 AM

I'm not sure if it's possible for an admin to delete these widgets, but it's still possible for them to remain deactivated. If there it is possible to delete the widgets, perhaps someone else might have more insight about that.

#3 msialaska

msialaska

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

It's definately possible, as you can register them, so somewhere in their framework they are. I guess I could do a mass search but I was trying to avoid that.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

If you're talking about the Widgets area under Appearance, that is not a Platform or Pagelines construct. That is Wordpress. Removing the widget options there is something I believe you may need to address directly with them or search for a plugin that will hide them from users. Some plugins will actually hide the Appearance section (and others) entirely.