Photo
- - - - -

Most commonly asked CSS tweaks (for PlatformPro)

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:07 PM

@pankaj1 You enter the code into Custom Code -> Custom CSS. @tranceandy that is for PageLines 2.0 only. This post is for PlatformPro.

#22 tranceandy

tranceandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:12 PM

@simple_mama I should have clarified that, my mistake. Not sure what version @pankaj1 is using.

#23 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

@tranceandy It's no problem :) Just wanted to avoid any confusion.

#24 Pankaj32

Pankaj32

• Members

• 117 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS2

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:19 PM

@tranceandy you mean I need to take the ftp route and make changes? Thats even more confusing. Atleast, this is what the documentation seem to suggest if I were to take the customisation plugin route. I don't want to do anything fancy at the moment, simple things like moving the social networking icons here up or down etc.. also, can somebody direct me to an elaborate documentation where I can find material about how to use banners and boxes.. is there a way by which the framework (pageline) could re-size the uploaded pictures automatically for banners?

#25 Pankaj32

Pankaj32

• Members

• 117 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:30 PM

@simple_mama Thanks for pitching in there.. but still no luck with this css thing :(, @tranceandy - I am on a pageline developer version

#26 tranceandy

tranceandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:16 PM

@pankaj1 you can go the FTP route or you can use the editor from within pagelines in the admin cp. Once you have installed the customisation plugin, select Plugins - Pagelines Customize - Edit then choose pagelines-customize/style.css

#27 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17666 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

@Pankaj

The above code is for Platform Pro only, I will try to get a PageLines Framework 2.0 version up sometime tomorrow. If you would like for anything to be added to the new post that isn't covered here, please reply to this post and I will try too add all the suggestions.

#28 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:16 AM

@Danny I changed the title yesterday (I think) to avoid as much confusion as possible. :)

#29 Pankaj32

Pankaj32

• Members

• 117 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:27 AM

@Danny What I would really like is some simple videos put out there for general public out there that doesn't understand most of the html/css etc on the various new things (plugins, boxes, banners, features) that you've now added to pageline framework during your transition from platform pro. I will have more questions along the way but for the moment, please address, banners, features, boxes, re order and a bit of css to be able to move things like social networking icons etc.

#30 cornell2

cornell2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

Nooooo ... please. No more videos! Videos are often good for step by step "how to" - but horrible and frustrating for "reference" and should never replace documentation. For those who don't know CSS - there are plenty of GREAT how-to videos on youtube; and it is not pageline's responsibility to teach the basics of css and html. But it is their responsibility to document the product. The existing basic product document is fine - but since so much of the product depends on using rather obscure or complex combinations of custom css tags - it is this documentation that is missing, badly. I will start an armed revolution here if the folks at Pagelines spent time, money and energy on more videos at the expense of documentation and reference. For anyone who is using one of the pagelines products (beyond your first week) - By far your biggest time drain is in identifying the right CSS selectors/tags/classes that you need to accomplish something relatively straight forward. All you want to do is look it up (15 seconds) as opposed to having to endure a 7 minute video that MIGHT tell you what the right CSS code is (if you don't miss it in the video. As for the forums - there are so many overlapping discussions in the forums that it is getting nearly impossible to merely search to find similar answers (many of the results are contradicting because they represent separate conversation, or they apply to different product flavor. Anyway - without transforming this into a venting session. No video! Please. No video. Documentation! ... and in lieu of documentation - just a few single pages showing the most common CSS (sidebars, content areas etc) And - in lieu of that - a sticky forum posting (or two) like this! Pagelines - take note of how popular this ONE SINGLE POST was among your customers. It might take someone a half hour per separate page to post similarly illuminating information (as opposed to the dozens of hours it takes to produce video or write documentation).

#31 mobilenow

mobilenow

• Members

• 26 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:36 AM

Indeed, having the tweaks listed out here is SO helpful. A lot of us just need this little push in the right direction to help us figure out exactly how to get the look or functionality we want. Having these snippets in an easy to find place so we can play with them and learn is a great way to go about it without committing a lot of resources. :)

#32 mxhg

mxhg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Locationlove
  • Framework Version:2.3.3

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:17 PM

I'm waiting desperatly for "PageLines Framework 2.0 CSS Tweaks - Coming Soon! - Link will appear here!" I need excatly the same customazisations for Pagelines Framework 2.0.1

#33 assuresol

assuresol

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:14 PM

Yes Please. the class flow appears to be totally different in 2.0. I am having a bear of a time trying to highlight (background and/or text color) for secondnav. Amazing when I first used Pagelines there was a section with a color picker for this. Seems weird to take it away in an 'upgrade' If you are interested in my dev and what I am looking at

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I want the secondary nav to have a highlight on the active page. None of the custom css is helping me. When I look at it in firebug, the element is hard to nail down.

#34 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17666 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:24 AM

I've started the post here for 2.0. I will be adding more now that Christmas is over!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content