• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LukeB

LukeB

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:14 AM

Im attempting to use the Special Recent Posts PRO plugin on my site but im experiencing some difficulty. I was previously using the free version of the plugin and that worked fine, however after upgrading to the Pro version im am no longer able to open any of the settings panels. The plugin provides a widget that can be placed in a sidebar, there are a number of different settings panels but for some reason i am unable to open them up. When i click on them just nothing happens. Im tried using different browsers, a complete re-install of the plugin and ive tried deactivating all other plugins. The author mentioned it might be something to do with another plugin using javascript libraries, but after deactivating all other plugins i still had the same problem. Could this be some conflict with the theme or any ideas what could be causing this problem? Regards Luke

#2 LukeB

LukeB

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:35 AM

http://wordpress.org...l-recent-posts/ http://www.danceyrselfclean.com/

#3 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:23 PM

The only JS error I see is for Apture. Perhaps check into that?

#4 LukeB

LukeB

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:08 PM

Thanks ive been meaning to delete that script anyway. But still no luck with the plugin

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:11 AM

Have you tried installing a previous version of the plugin?: http://wordpress.org...posts/download/

#6 LukeB

LukeB

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:07 AM

The free version of it works fine. But its just using the Pro version which is causing me issues.

#7 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

Have you tried using it with TwentyTen, the default WP theme? We recommend trying this with certain issues just to make sure it's actually a conflict with the PL theme.

#8 LukeB

LukeB

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:18 PM

Yeah just tried it and i get the same results

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

If the problem shows up with a different theme then it's the plugin, not the theme. Follow up with Luca. He's usually pretty responsive and very nice, but you have to follow up with him on every detail. Make sure he knows the same problem happened in multiple themes.

#10 LukeB

LukeB

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:37 AM

Thanks to everyone that helped. Not sure whats happened but it is now working. I literally couldnt think of anything else to get it to work so i was going to leave it, but after installing a couple of plugins unrelated to this one it magically now seems to work.