Photo

How to create HOME menu navigation button in EcoPro?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 words247

words247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:18 PM

I imported the demo content (thank you for making that available, PageLines!), but I need to create a HOME menu button, as I fear many people won't know to click the logo in the upper left corner to return to the home page. Please advise how to create a home menu button to correlate with my current home page. BTW, I'm not a programmer, so I hope this doesn't involve coding. *fingers crossed* Thanks! :)

#2 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:16 AM

Nope, just manually add a new page named "Home" and then in your WordPress Settings, set "Home" as the front page.

That should do the trick.

Thanks, Bryan

#3 words247

words247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:40 AM

Thanks for the reply, Bryan. I have the Feature page already created and set as what I want for the home page. Is there a way to make that the home page...even somehow linking the new page created that is entitled Home page? Thanks again. :) Dena

#4 words247

words247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:45 AM

Oh, wow -- actually, somehow, that worked!!! The HOME navigation button does indeed default to the current home page, without doing anything in the settings. I don't understand it, but I'm thrilled! I'm lovin' this theme. Thanks again!

#5 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:27 AM

I love it too when things just seem to just fall into place, glad to hear it. Thanks, Bryan

#6 evan

evan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:24 PM

I was also wondering how to get the homepage's link on the top navigation.

I found the culprit's code in the [eco pro theme dir]/library/_nav.php file.

It's a small file. You will find this code near the end of it:
 wp_list_pages('exclude='.$frontpage_id.$forum_exclude.'&depth=3&title_li=&link_before=<span>&link_after=</span>');?>

Just remove the $frontpage_id. from it and that's it!

Now if someone could just tell me how to reverse the displayed page order of the navigation so that they are displayed from left to right..

#7 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:06 PM

There are actually a few plug-ins that do this, much easier than actually changing the ordering in the PHPMyAdmin db. I believe the plug-in is called NAVT

#8 evan

evan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:50 PM

cmunns-

The change I suggested was an edit to the _nav.php, not the database.

I tried the NAVT plug-in you suggested. Maybe it's capable of doing what I want, but I found it very unintuitive to use.

Anyways, I found a much easier solution to what I was trying to do: list the pages from left to right instead of right to left.

I thought the php script writing the header navigation was calling the pages in reverse. After much investigation, I realized that this was not so.

The list items are being called in the proper order, it's just that they have the float:right property.

Simply adding this code to the custom code box in the theme options will "reverse" the order.

#nav ul li {
	float: left;
	}

#9 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 08:54 AM

Thank you for sharing your fix Evan, that may help others. Thanks, Bryan