Photo
- - - - -

Sidebar Differences, Layout Documentation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 casey-van-bronkhorst

casey-van-bronkhorst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:48 AM

Just what do these different sorts of sidebars do? Where can I read about them? Experimentation is getting me nowhere and the guide section is woefully thin when it comes to definitions and examples. I want to position a different set of search suggestions alongside each of my apparel category search pages. I'm using Highlight in Standard right now, but how do I adjust the sidebar widths versus the page content width? Considering I'm less than eight hours into this, I feel very good about the decision to go with iBlogPro but the lack of documentation is starting to get to me :(

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:45 PM

Just what do these different sorts of sidebars do? Where can I read about them?

Good point, the guide is short on explanation about the sidebars.

In IBP there are 7 different 'widget-ready' sidebars defined as follows:
  • Accordion - This is the accordion sidebar that can has collapses and opens widgets accordingly, there are also some options for this in the options panel
  • Drawer sidebar - This is a drag/drop stylized sidebar, with widgets seperated individually
  • Content Sidebar - Sidebar that shows up underneath page content
  • "Flow" Sidebar - A different graphical style with clean white style
  • Footer Left, Right, Center - The widget sidebars in the footer

I want to position a different set of search suggestions alongside each of my apparel category search pages.

I'm using Highlight in Standard right now, but how do I adjust the sidebar widths versus the page content width?

This is a customization you'll have to do in CSS, you'll have to change the pixel width of the content and the sidebar elements

Considering I'm less than eight hours into this, I feel very good about the decision to go with iBlogPro but the lack of documentation is starting to get to me :(

We're working on it, but suggestions are always good.

#3 garysargent

garysargent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:24 PM

Also new to your product. I see the explanations but still having a hard time understanding the difference between each. Could you post some screen shots showing examples?

#4 garysargent

garysargent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:03 PM

Found it elsewhere on the forum.