Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mouse Rollover on image

Question

Posted · Report post

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

What I would do is assign the image as a background, and then use the a:hover state to change the background ;) You would also have to use "display:block" on the anchor tag, and assign it a height/width equal to that of the image(s).

Posted · Report post

Kate. Thanks for the prompt response, i do have the 2 images eg the primary and then the image to change to once hovered over but unsure on the code and how it should be laid out. Also would you place in the side bar text widget. Thanks Grant

Posted · Report post

Placing this in a sidebar widget would only be done with a text widget. I'm not sure how, other than Kate's suggestion, you'd actually achieve this. Have you looked for plugins or at some of the CSS training sites?

Posted · Report post

If anyone is still following this subject, i am also trying to get the effect of a image changing when rolled over purely in a button format so the user knows its clickable eg change from normal to a darker version of the same image (i have done this before in dreamweaver, but the effect is automated).

I have had a route around the forum and the internet in general i cant seem to get anything to work.

Posted · Report post

Tradewindowperson - please create you own topic and someone will help you out. thanks