Photo
- - - - -

Add H1 Tag to Site Title

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 pmurphy

pmurphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:49 AM

Hi, I want to add an H1 tag to the Site Title rather than the Page Title. Any way to do this? I'm working locally right now so I don't have a link to post. Thanks.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17618 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:25 AM

Hi Pmurphy, Can I ask why you want to do this and what do you want to achieve by doing so ?

#3 pmurphy

pmurphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:54 PM

Hey Danny, I'm making a one page site using a "Page" as the home page. Because the site title appears first and most prominently, I want to give it an H1 tag. Right now, it has no heading tag.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

There are plugins allowing you to use a different graphic on different pages, if this helps. I believe (could be wrong here) that the addition of the H1 tag would have to be done in a core file, not on a dynamic basis per page, unless one of my colleagues knows the way to do that with CSS. Is your site live so we could see it yet?

#5 pmurphy

pmurphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:32 AM

I don't have it live yet. I'm using a text site title rather than a header image. Any idea what the core file might be? I'm not concerned with the styling but rather the h1 tag for SEO purposes. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:14 AM

It's recommended that the core files stay as they are while you use a child theme based on the parent theme. Which theme are you using?

#7 pmurphy

pmurphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:41 AM

I'm using Platform Pro. I just want to add the H1 tag to my site title, which is text (not an image). Is there any way to do this? Thanks for your help!

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:47 AM

First the child theme must be activated. Do you already have PlatformBase (the child theme) installed? If not, please download, unzip, and install it on your WordPress dashboard. The download is available on your Launchpad account.

#9 pmurphy

pmurphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:52 AM

Yes, already installed.

#10 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:59 AM

Can you post a link to your site?

#11 pmurphy

pmurphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:02 AM

I'm working on it locally right now. It's a one page site. I am using a "page" as the home page and I want to add an H1 tag to the Site Title.

#12 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:06 AM

Is the site title located in the header where the branding and navigation is?

#13 pmurphy

pmurphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:13 AM

Yes.

#14 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17618 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:31 AM

I'm going to flag this for the developers to view, I'm not 100% on how to do this unfortunately. While you wait, if you manage to get your site online rather locally, it may help us, so if you do let us know.

#15 pmurphy

pmurphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

Thanks Danny. I'll have it up in a few minutes and I will post it here. I appreciate the help!

#16 pmurphy

pmurphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:23 PM

Hey all, I put it up. It's ganttcharttemplate dot com. I want to add an H1 tag to the first line of the page, which is the site title. Thanks!

#17 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

Is the site title showing up dynamically on the page (by default, it does not). Or, are you adding it manually?

#18 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:13 PM

I just did a test on one of my sites and the title, by default, shows up with h1 size. I simply created a test page and named it "this is a test". Then, I went to PlatformPro Settings > Blogs and Posts, scrolling down to "Page Titles" and checked the box instructing Platform to place the title on the page by default. I then viewed my test page and using Firebug for Firefox looked at the source. The default heading is h1. Feel free to see it yourself at http://www.epicurus..../this-is-a-test There was no customization needed. To make sure, I went to several different sites where I also have Platform installed with different design layouts and same thing. Every page title was h1. This begs the question... why is your site showing up h4? There must be some customization or plugin controlling it or, it's added in the page itself. This seems most likely because your title falls within the "entry_content" class which is where the actual content of the page goes.

#19 pmurphy

pmurphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:00 AM

Hi. Thanks for the test. I am aware of the PageLines setting for the page title. I can change the page title to H1 using the method you described. The trouble I am experiencing is that I would like the Site Title to be H1. This is where you have the epicurus.com logo on your test page. Any ideas?

#20 pmurphy

pmurphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:12 AM

It's a one-page website, which is why the site title needs to have an H1 tag.