Photo
- - - - -

How can change the class of the Callout section image link?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 fintan

fintan

Advanced Member

• Members

• 66 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

Hi Does anyone know where I can change the class of the Callout section image link to change it from a destination url to a class that will call a modal window from the Easy Modal Lite plugin? Can I do it with code in the link text box or do I need to edit something at a deeper level? All help very much appreciated. Many thanks -- Fintan

#2 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:18 PM

Hi Fintan, Have you considered a jQuery solution? jQuery is already loaded in the theme, and it's very quick to add classes to elements.

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

I'm researching this unusual request. I see that you need to create a class="eModal" for the hypertext link, but I also note that it was intended to come from a source other than a traditional link. In other words.. http:// www. yoursite.com class="... won't work They're suggesting your link be # class="... However, they are doing it the traditional way within angle brackets < and >. That's not the way the callout option works. I did test to see if adding the class at the end of a link URL would work but alas, no. I'm not sure if you can do this without editing some particular file, so I'll try and find it and follow up.

#4 fintan

fintan

Advanced Member

• Members

• 66 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:29 AM

Thanks Kate I'm afraid I'm not up to speed on jQuery, is there a reference source for its implementation in PlatformPro I could use to bone up on the ins and outs of it? Thanks again, apologies for the late reply, really appreciate your advice. -- Fintan

#5 fintan

fintan

Advanced Member

• Members

• 66 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:35 AM

Thanks rangelone Really appreciate your help, apologies for the late reply. I see you've been through the same steps as myself in trying to get it to play ball. Did you get any further with it? I'm thinking I might have to abandon the callout image and just pop a button in the callout text instead. Will investigate jQuery as Kate suggests first though. Many thanks again -- Fintan

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13021 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:40 AM

Whilst you investigate jQuery, I will change your post above to "Accept", if you require any assistance in the future, simply reply to this post, hope jQuery is the answer for you!

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:43 AM

@fintan, No luck on my part. As far as I can tell, this is just not an applicable use of the callout function. However, I don't see any reason we couldn't apply a universal or full width sidebar with a text widget containing a table in which you can easily apply that code in a right table cell with the left formatted for the call out portion. It may be an old-fashioned solution but heck, they work or they wouldn't be old-fashioned.

#8 fintan

fintan

Advanced Member

• Members

• 66 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:53 PM

Thanks rangelone. Good call, ye olde table in a sidebar might just be it. -- Fintan

#9 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:40 PM

I hope that works out for you!