Photo

How do I replace the Search Field in the header with Plain Text?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kaithusmann

kaithusmann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:43 PM

Hello! I'm an HTML noobie and I'm trying to help my friend's dad out with his EcoPro template. We removed the search function in the top right hand corner. We'd like to replace this area with plain text to list his contact information. I tried deleting line 65 in the header.php and replacing it with
Southern Green Homes
021 234 9867
This did place text in the header, but unfortunately under the logo on the lower left hand side of the header and changed the size of the text in the drop down menus. Can someone please tell me: 1) Is this the right line of code to delete and stick replacement code? and 2) How should I format my text so that it appears in the TOP RIGHT hand corner of the header. For example like this site http://topherpages.com/rosines-v1/ but slight larger text, two lines. Thank you for your help!! k8

#2 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:39 PM

Could we see a link to the site? For one thing, your h5 tag is not being closed. the correct way is like this:

<h5> Hello World </h5>
If we could see your site we could give an easy fix, but you could try this:

<h5 style = "text-align:right"> Southern Green Homes  021 234 9867 </h5>

#3 kaithusmann

kaithusmann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:55 AM

Thanks Kastelic! That did help but didn't quite solve my problem. Search Form is gone but now the text is sitting overlapping my NavBar on the Low Right side of the header and has created an ugly gap between logo and nav bar. http://southerngreenhomes.ie/sgh/ If you could help me with the code to push the text up into the Top Right hand corner of the nav bar - that would be super groovy. Thanks so much in advance :-) k8

#4 kaithusmann

kaithusmann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

So the ultimate fix to this problem was creatinga new, longer header in Photoshop with the text directly on the image. Thanks for your help!