• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 c4talyst

c4talyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:55 PM

I have my homepage looking like the Whitehouse Pro demo now. I would like for the page to stop at the three featured boxes located just beneath the slider. After those boxes, I'd like to see the footer with no other content in between. How would I accomplish this?

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:55 PM

Could you please provide a link to your site? Have you checked the Whitehouse Pro options to ensure you have things enabled/disabled as you want them to appear? Your other option is to create a new page and call it something like "Home". Add content/features as needed, then visit Wordpress -> Settings -> Reading and select your "Home" page as your static start page.

#3 c4talyst

c4talyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:29 AM

Hi mama, I have a page set to be the static "homepage". I've gone through all the wordpress and whitehouse theme settings and have not figured this one out. The site is caricofe.com. I have the slider with featured boxes beneath it. Below those three featured boxes I'd like to just have the site footer, i.e., remove the comments and sidebar content. Any idea how I would do that? Thanks!

#4 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:11 AM

Try visiting WhiteHousePro ?ยป Theme Options and checking the box to "Hide Sidebars When Empty (no widgets)"

#5 c4talyst

c4talyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:13 AM

I'll give that a shot, but I think I would still have the comments data displayed.

#6 c4talyst

c4talyst

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:23 AM

Ok, I got it. Hope this helps someone else: 1. In whitehousepro's /library/ directory make a copy of the file named template_posts.php and name it template_posts_content.php. Edit the original template_posts.php and remove the following two lines: 2. In the /whitehousepro/ directory, edit the page.php file and change the following line: get_template_part('library/template_posts'); to this: get_template_part('library/template_posts_content'); --- After doing this, I had my homepage setup the way I wanted and my interior pages still contain content and the sidebar. YMMV.