• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 davebaileymail

davebaileymail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:42 PM

Thanks in advance for any help... I am wondering how I can create different pages in the main menu that would only have posts showing from certain categories... The website is WWW.forexprofitjournal.com. For example: Category 1 (menu title = Forex Strategies) I only want posts to show on this page for the category "forex strategies"... Category 2 (menu title = Forex Results) I only want posts to show on this page for the category "forex results"... Category 3 (menu title = Forex News) I only want posts to show on this page for the category "forex news"... Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks for any suggestions!

#2 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:02 PM

Yes there is a very easy way to do this. Once you create a category and make a post with that category, a page automatically exists for that category. For example: forexprofitjournal.com/category/forex-trading-strategies/ All you have to do is create a custom menu in Appearance -> Menus and add your categories to the menu. Make sure to select this new menu as your Primary Menu.

#3 davebaileymail

davebaileymail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:14 AM

Kastelic... Thank you... Worked perfectly!

#4 highreach

highreach

Advanced Member

• Members

• 79 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

Is there a way to reorder the order of categories in the menu When you make it this way?