Photo

How can I import/export WhiteHousePro Settings to another site?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 joeljonathan

joeljonathan

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:07 AM

I am trying to export the theme settings to another installation of WhiteHousePro on a different site. I know there is an option to back up the information, but how do I access it to install on another site. I would like to install both the "features" and the "options" on the new site. Thank you for any help.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:23 AM

Hi Joel,

If you scroll to the bottom of the WhitehousePro theme settings you should see 3 buttons, one called "Backup Option Information", Restore From Backp" and Restore Options to default.

So bacup your options using the Backup Option Information buttom, then on your new site use the Restore From Backup button.

Posted Image

#3 joeljonathan

joeljonathan

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 11:26 PM

Thanks for the response. However, the backup only applies to the site you back it up on. So I would somehow need to get that backup file and import it to the new site. I can't back up on site A and then click restore from backup on site B and expect it to work. I need the backup file from site A to restore onto site B. Still not sure how to do this still, so if anyone can help that would be great.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:07 AM

By "features" and "options" you mentioned in the original, what do you mean specifically? The features in the feature slider? Are you exporting to the same theme on another site?

#5 joeljonathan

joeljonathan

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:49 AM

Yes. I would like to export the exact same features and options onto another site (actually a couple other sites) that have WhiteHousePro as the theme.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:56 AM

Since features are created the same way posts are created, I think they would be included in the import file that is generated. You can try exporting the file and see what happens.

#7 joeljonathan

joeljonathan

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:27 AM

Thanks for your responses. But how can i get the backup file for the theme? I dont want the Wordpress export file cause that will import all the posts,pages, etc and that would wipe out all my current posts, pages on the new site. It seems like there should be an easy way to do this as I have seen with other themes from Woothemes that have the options to install settings from one theme to another without a problem.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12988 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:17 AM

Hi Joel,

Isn't it possible for you to use the Wordpress export setting and only choose Features ?

Posted Image

#9 joeljonathan

joeljonathan

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:27 AM

I only have the first three options (all, post, pages) under my wordpress export. I am not hosting it on wordpress.com so that may be the difference. Anyway, im not sure that would give me the result I want. I dont believe that would give me the settings i want from the theme itself. If i just knew where to find the backup file that WhiteHousePro creates I could (I think) just grab that file and load it into the new theme.

#10 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

Hey Joel, As that screenshot above states, by pushing that button, you're backing up your options to your database ;) So, if you do a DB transfer (export/import via MySQL, for instance) it should work just fine for you. As for why you're not seeing the other WordPress export options: are you using the latest version of WP?