• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 glee

glee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

Is there a way to create custom header areas for individual pages? I'd like to put one large banner image underneath the navigation bar in all instances. :)

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:44 PM

Could you provide a link? Are you suggesting the large banner would be consistent throughout the site and the menus will change based on the page someone's on?

#3 glee

glee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:35 PM

Unfortunately I am working on a test server that doesn't allow access outside of our company. Here is a screenshot. We are looking to insert a header in between the navigation bar and the content area (headline, body, and widget area). Is there a plugin for this to do this on individual pages OR is this something that has to be hardcoded in? Thanks!

#4 glee

glee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

For clarification: the menu will stay the same site-wide. The image header will be an option on specific page layouts. (Kind of like page templates...)

#5 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:44 AM

Rather than calling it a header, maybe you should look for a image rotation plugin of some sort. It sounds like you're trying to change images on a per page basis. Now I don't know if a plugin exists for that but I'm sure someone has wanted to do what you're asking in the past. :)

#6 glee

glee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:52 PM

Just found one and installed it. Dynamic Headers by Nicasio Design. Works fantastic. All you have to do is include one line of PHP code in header.php and then you can set specific headers for specific webpages. Thanks for your help!

#7 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2917 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:01 PM

That's great news! And I'm sure someone in the future will appreciate your help too. :) If you consider this topic resolved, please accept an answer. Otherwise let us know how else we can help. Thanks!