Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Changing the Post Meta Bar Background Color

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, is there a way to make the post meta bar background completely black? I have changed it in the settings, but as you can see here http://www.fluteofshame.com/fi/category/news/, there is a narrow grey line at both ends of the text (which I would like to get rid of). Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi, Add this to your CSS Rules located in Platform Settings --> Custom Code: [code] .metabar em { border-left: 0 none !important; border-right: 0 none !important; } [/code]

Posted · Report post

Thanks, but that's not working for me (and I already replied once but can't see my post, so sorry if I end up posting this twice!)

Posted · Report post

On the right side of this screen, above, you'll see a Google search built in. To find missing posts (noting we don't delete any of them), just type your screen name. All your posts to this forum ever added will show up.

Posted · Report post

The code that @Danny pasted above is 100% correct. Could you please paste your code here for us to look at? Make sure you place it in between [ code ] [ /code ] tags (remove the extra spaces) for ease of reading.

Posted · Report post

Hi, I'd already removed that snippet of code as it didn't do anything, but added it back (still doesn't). I guess there must be something conflicting with it. Here is the entire code: [code]body{ color:#fff; background:#000 url("http://www.fluteofshame.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/1179032744-949-0.jpg"); line-height:20px; font-size:15px} #nav ul, #nav .mnav{width:732px} #searchform {width:192px;} #s {width:140px;} #site #contentborder{background:none} .bns-featured-category strong a{font-weight:normal} .page-template-page-highlight-php #sidebar{display:none} .page-template-page-highlight-php #highlight{background:none} .page-template-page-highlight-php #maincontent{width:958px} #highlight .highlight-head, #highlight .highlight-subhead { display:none; } .page-template-page-feature-page-php #sidebar{display:none} .page-template-page-feature-page-php #highlight{background:none} .page-template-page-feature-page-php #maincontent{width:958px} .post-title h2 { font-size: 1.2em; letter-spacing: -0.02em; line-height: 1em; text-transform: none; .metabar em { border-left: 0 none !important; border-right: 0 none !important; }[/code]

Posted · Report post

Looking at that I think I just spotted a missing { towards the end...! Apparently it's been missing all along, no wonder it wasn't working (works now). Sorry and thanks!