Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hiding Content Area on Specific Page in White House Pro?

Question

Posted · Report post

Trying to hide the general content area in White House Pro 3 since we have all the info we need in widget areas and the carousel. How do we do this on just one page? (Not a global change) Source image: 65FC1.png

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

You can try some Custom CSS such as this: Paste into Custom Code -> CSS [code] .page-id-123 #maincontent, .page-id-123 #sidebar{ display:none; } [/code] The page id number needs to be changed to reflect your page. View the source of your page and look for the page id in the opening tag

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the tip, especially with finding the page ID. I tried that and now it left something leftover: http://i.imgur.com/5aWvx.png Any tips on how to make that go away too?

Posted · Report post

Can you post a link to that page?

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately the site is hosted on a company protected server and it doesn't give access outside of our building. Here is a larger screenshot of the issue - http://i.imgur.com/ITxKG.png This is the content area underneath the feature box and above the widgetized footer. We've been trying to remove that container. Do you recommend any lines of CSS for this?

Posted · Report post

Try using getfirebug.com to find the culprit. Just inspect the element in question. Make sure you don't have an empty section enabled somewhere.

Posted · Report post

Used Firebug and display:hide in the custom.css. Thanks!