Custom Includes & Associated Templates

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nautical Progressions

Nautical Progressions

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:58 PM

We have a calendar page which serves as a schedule for our performing artists. Here is a link to the original page we are looking to bring over to pagelines platformpro;

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Now because platformpro is structured unlike any other theme we've had, we're stumped on how to integrate it. For instance, the calendar page, has the following files (in our original theme); - wp-content/themes/cmf/includes/schedule_functions.php - wp-content/themes/cmf/includes/artist_functions.php - wp-content/themes/cmf/includes/config.php - wp-content/themes/cmf/page_schedule.php at the top of the schedule page template is this code; include( TEMPLATEPATH . '/includes/config.php'); include( TEMPLATEPATH . '/includes/artist_functions.php'); include( TEMPLATEPATH . '/includes/schedule_functions.php'); Now the templatepath points to the parent theme platformpro instead of platformbase. I presume that's an easy fix by changing the code to; include( get_bloginfo(stylesheet_directory) . '/includes/config.php'); include( get_bloginfo(stylesheet_directory) . '/includes/artist_functions.php'); include( get_bloginfo(stylesheet_directory) . '/includes/schedule_functions.php'); Trouble is, nothing shows up...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Am I missing something here? Is there a conflict of files with platformpro? Should my includes be in the parent theme folder or the child theme folder? Is there a way I can create a page template that is not dynamic (meaning totally hardcoded)?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:03 AM

What are you using to generate the schedule page? Or did you just create it yourself?

#3 Nautical Progressions

Nautical Progressions

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:10 PM

Made by our previous developer. It is not part of the WordPress community.

#4 Nautical Progressions

Nautical Progressions

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:15 PM

I think i'd just like one hardcoded template called page.schedule.php that uses the includes for header full-width (this template I can't find) footer If I can get a blank page template that is coded like that (the traditional way) then I can just splice his code into the page template rather than chop it up into sections and all that headache. Question is, where are the includes for header, footer and a full-width page? Can I use get_header and get_footer? Is there an include I can use for full-width page? include ('templates/full-width-loop.php');

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

As a developer created that for you, it would be nearly impossible for us to say what he or she did in customization. You shouldn't need to get header or footer. Is there any way for you to bring back that developer to fix this for you? Unfortunately, we can't really support such customizations.

#6 Nautical Progressions

Nautical Progressions

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:57 PM

All I really want to know is how I can piece together the appropriate includes to make a self-contained page template. can you list the files I would need from the templates available?

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:23 PM

The point is you really can't. PlatformPro does all of that for you. There's no way to deconstruct it by "includes" because we don't use them.