• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ftcc

ftcc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:12 AM

Can you help me change the default Wordpress widgets in the footer of EcoPro? http://www.itechmyself.com I just want to change (reverse) the order of the "Pages" list and replace the "Stay In Touch" piece with a different widget. Anything that I try to do to make changes to the footer results in the logo and the copyright columns being removed. Step by step instructions on what settings in the theme options control this area and where to drag and drop the widgets that I want to use would be wonderful! Thanks.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15788 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:17 AM

Hi, To change the order of the pages, all you need to do is create a new menu, so goto Wordpress admin --> Apprearance --> Menus and create a new one. Once it has been created, on the left hand side "Theme Locations" there should be 3 drop downs, on choose your newly created menu in the "Footer Navigation" and click on save. To use Widgets, go to Wordpress admin --> Appearance --> Widgets, then you simply need to drag a widget or widgets to the Footer Columns widget area. But by adding even one, the other widgets will be gone, I like to think of them as test widgets, to show you what is what and what goes where. Hope thats helps.

#3 ftcc

ftcc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:24 AM

Got it. Thanks Danny! I'm an avid Chrome user so I prefer the built-in Inspect Element tool. It's absolutely amazing for seeing the CSS applied to an element on the page.

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15788 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:56 AM

No problem, glad you have it working and yes the Chrome Element tool is pretty awesome.