4 replies to this topic

#1 hyest

hyest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:50 PM

Hello, I'm trying to change the title that appears on the page in the brown strip that says "Archives". I would like it to have the product category name (im using thecartpress) or at least being able to change it to a static name like "Grass Roots RX Shop". I changed the actual title that appears at the top in the browser bar, hoping it would affect this as well but didn't. I would imagine i'd have to change something in one of the template files, but this theme doesn't have an "archive.php" i could find to be able to do anything. Any help? here's a screenshot of what im talking about

#2 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:49 PM

The code that generates the page title is in libarary/_spotlight.php You can put your own if statement at the bottom. If you post a link to your site I could give you a more detailed example.

#3 hyest

hyest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

Hello, I did look at the _spotlight.php file and couldn't figure out exactly how I would go about changing it. Here's an example of the page that shows Archives text in the "spotlight" area: http://www.grrx.org/...y/all-products/ I only get it when going to my categories (as seen in the sidebar widget for "Store Categories") as linked above I really appreciate your help, Chris

#4 hyest

hyest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:14 PM

What I meant was, I can see where I can change the word "Archives" to something else as text, but is there a variable I can use to make it say the actual Page Title in there or better yet Category Name?

#5 hyest

hyest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:58 AM

Actually, just being able to name it was good enough. Thanks for the help in where the file was :)